Remove Advertisements

Shaman, Enhance and AoE

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Shaman, Enhance and AoE

Postby daemonym » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:50 pm

Just a basic question here that likely has an obvious answer. I'm really wondering if there's something else I should be doing as enhance for aoe situations aside from using unleash elements on a fire nova from the magma totem. I can't help but feel completely useless. Some fights that come to mind are the first and last boss in the stone core and any random non elite packs like troggs in halls of origination. I know I know, aoe is srs bsns, but I like to be useful when doing normals for rep and such.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Re: Shaman, Enhance and AoE

Postby Levantine » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:37 pm

No, that's pretty much it. Enhance AoE is fair shite at the moment. Especially if you happen to have the misfortune of running with a Frost DK, Demo Warlock, Surv Hunter or talented Fire Mage.
Levantine

Postby thatguy » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:10 am

Glyph of Chain Lightning helps out a little as well but Lev is right. Shammy AoE is pretty lacking right now. On the flip side, our single target dps is pretty rocking.
thatguy

Postby twinkfist » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:14 am

yeah, enhance does some sick single target dps...the enhance shaman in my guild put up like 15-20k consistently in heroics (no clue about raids though)

my shaman, which is wearing some greens with some heroics, can put up 13-15k on some bosses...i just get distracted often and lose some dps because of it...hence, i don't raid at all...but will start to get back into it...but seriously casual...like, once or twice a week...if that.
twinkfist

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes