Frost DK

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Frost DK

Postby Skye1013 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:34 pm

Ok, so I dinged 85 on my DW Frost Knight. Few questions about gearing (can't access EJ at the moment to see if the info is out there.)

1) What are the stat weights?

2) What's a good meta to obtain?

3) What are some good enchants? (Should I bother with mastery to boots or go with stam/run speed?)

4) What's the priority on abilities? (I usually go IT>PS>Pest/BS (to make death runes) then hit Ob/HS based on the number of mobs/available runes/what procs are up, finally spamming FS to allow runes to recharge. I've managed up to 11k dps on bosses doing this, with ~1300ms.)

I'm sure there are other questions, and I'll post them as I think of them.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Re: Frost DK

Postby Eltiana » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:07 am

1. Strength > Hit/Expertise to soft cap > Mastery > Crit > Haste

2. Chaotic Shadowspirit Diamond if they fix the gem requirement anytime soon. Otherwise go with Fleet Shadowspirit Diamond

3. Assuming they don't fix Chaotic anytime soon, Fleet gives a run speed bonus, so go with Mastery. Not bothering to look up the other enchants, but using the stat weights, you should be able to figure it out.

4. You're doing it wrong. Howling Blast only costs a Frost rune now, and it should be replacing Icy touch in your rotation. If you haven't already, make sure you have it glyphed also to apply Frost Fever also.
Eltiana

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:27 am

Eltiana wrote:4. You're doing it wrong. Howling Blast only costs a Frost rune now, and it should be replacing Icy touch in your rotation. If you haven't already, make sure you have it glyphed also to apply Frost Fever also.

Hm... this hadn't even occured to me... now which glyph to replace...thanks for the tips. Any specific glyphs to pick up/avoid? I think currently I'm using FS/Ob/IT for Primes (guess I can switch IT for HB, unless HB is a Major... gah, need to check out my list again.)
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Eltiana » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:43 am

Skye1013 wrote:
Eltiana wrote:4. You're doing it wrong. Howling Blast only costs a Frost rune now, and it should be replacing Icy touch in your rotation. If you haven't already, make sure you have it glyphed also to apply Frost Fever also.

Hm... this hadn't even occured to me... now which glyph to replace...thanks for the tips. Any specific glyphs to pick up/avoid? I think currently I'm using FS/Ob/IT for Primes (guess I can switch IT for HB, unless HB is a Major... gah, need to check out my list again.)

Replace IT for HB glyph. As far as I can recall none of the major glyphs really matter. I know personally I'm using Chains of Ice, Hungering Cold, and Pestilence. Minors, you should be using Blood Tap and Horn of Winter.
Eltiana

Postby Skye1013 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:38 am

Yeah, I'm using HoW and BT, and recently switched to PoF for minors. Swapped the two prime glyphs and for majors have Strangulate, HC, Pestilence. Tried the new "rotation" in a regular yesterday and had a sustained 7-8k dps on bosses (which was right around where the EJ forums link put me with my current gear, so I must be doing something right.) I love the little reforge thing they have, it helps take some of the thinking out of it :). And now have just under 8% hit/26 exp.
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes