Remove Advertisements

Good ret spec for casual PvE and PvP?

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Good ret spec for casual PvE and PvP?

Postby econ21 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:14 am

I am thinking of trying out retribution in Cataclysm - perhaps to do heroics as dps in LFD (as joining as a tank them seems terrifying atm) and perhaps to do some BGs (as my prot damage in PvP seems weak atm). So I am looking for a second spec that would allow me to do both PvE and PvP to at least a casual level of competence.

I was thinking of:

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#sbZRbMZfbGsdkszfz:

I would pick up all the PvE ret talents, then put some points in Prot to get improved hammer (I found that very useful in wotlk casual PvP) and eternal glory (finding that awesome as a tank in Cata and suspect it might be good in casual PvP).

What do people think?
econ21

Re: Good ret spec for casual PvE and PvP?

Postby theothersteve7 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:32 pm

Looks good. The PVE talents you're missing are 9% haste and 20% damage on Exorcism, which really isn't so bad. You could certainly run heroics with this spec as well as the easier raid bosses.

That said, you're missing out on very important Ret PVP talents. One point in Acts of Sacrifice is pretty much mandatory (I'd drop Eye for an Eye), and Selfless Healer is pretty good too, better than Eternal Glory.
Moo.
theothersteve7

Postby Cronus » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:03 am

As far as I am concerned, Ret is dead until Blizz fixes it. Until then Ill role Prot/Holy. On a good note, Ret is getting buffed soon...cross fingers!
Cronus

Postby econ21 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:21 am

Following Yappo's post about ProtPVP in this sub-forum, I gave it a go and am finding it great fun in Tol Barad and BGs. Consequently, my interest in Ret is now confined to PvE - acting as DPS when my guild is using another tank for 5 mans. I need to practice more, as my dps is awful (5-6k) despite decent gear and I am being put to shame by level 82 shaman. :oops:

I am going with a cookie cutter PvE spec for ret - not the one I dreamed up in the OP.
econ21

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes