Remove Advertisements

Looking for Holy PVP 4.0.3a advice

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Looking for Holy PVP 4.0.3a advice

Postby Koletha » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:10 pm

Hello, I'm looking at Holy PVP for doing rated BGs with my guild. I've put together a spec in the WoWhead talent calculator and I was looking for advice on the possibile choices.

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#scIbdrdu0 ... :caVkrfczM

I'd be mainly focusing on group support in BGs (I've never enjoyed arena), but I'm finding it difficult to pick between some talents. For example I'd like to be able to include Divinity or Conviction but there's just too much choice available. Denounce looks interesting and I've put in for now but I'm wondering if those two points would be better spent elsewhere and relying mainly on team-mates to do enough damage to finish off the other team.

Who'd have thought picking a PVP spec would be so confusing!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
True glory consists in doing what deserves to be written,
In writing what deserves to be read,
And in so living as to make the world happier for our living in it.
Koletha

Re: Looking for Holy PVP 4.0.3a advice

Postby claisa » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:03 am

In same boat, this is the rated battleground expansion so pvp healing is going to be my offspec, but i am terribad at it, so need much web resources to stop embarrasing myself.

Doing a google search doesnt seem to reveal much this early in an expansion. So i anyone has experience/gut feelins/links it would be appreciated.

Then again this is coming from someone who hasn't done much arena or battlegrounds before so probably entire forums i am unaware of out there in the world. any forums that can be viewed through my works firewall like maintankadin would be greatly appreciated.
claisa

Re: Looking for Holy PVP 4.0.3a advice

Postby thatguy » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:02 am

While I don't play a holy paladin in pvp, I do play a holy priest in pvp for Rated BGs and all I can say is that any kind of "self preservation/heal output" talent is a must.

As a healer, especially a pally one at that, people are going to try to peel you off quickly. I wouldn't worry about dps. Let your damage dealers do that for you. You need to stay alive and heal. In rated BGs, you are going up against (supposedly) better competition and people will have roles and they'll most likely be much more technical.

I know that sounds very general but that what I've been seeing.
thatguy

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes