Remove Advertisements

Holy Priest- Collection of Links & Return of the Lightwell

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Re: Holy Priest- Collection of Links & Return of the Lightwell

Postby Levantine » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:38 pm

Well of course if you're stuck healing a tank that's going to get globaled if you stop you'll overwrite Echoes. Protip: get better tanks, because that shouldn't be happening anymore in normal pulls.
Levantine

Postby Aanar » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:45 am

Yeah, now that I realize that if the tank goes from full to dead in 3 seconds, he screwed up and it's not my fault, life got better. (Guess I still had that carryover from WotLK.)
Aanar

Postby Skye1013 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:38 am

This seems like a good place to ask this... what do you guys think of the DMC: Blue Dragon (Beasts Deck) for a potential mana regen trinket? Everything I've read so far has said that even throughout TBC and WotLK it was a pretty solid trinket.

Reason I ask, I just recently completed mine (have been collecting the cards since classic... and couldn't post them on the AH individually because they were bugged as having "used charges") and was debating between trying to AH it, or use it.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby thatguy » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:19 am

I see the 2% chance to proc the mana return and bells start going off in my head. Personally, if you're worried about mana regen, I'd rather make it something consistent and something that you can count on having all the time. I personally use thoroughput trinkets and/or trinkets that have an "on use" effect that might help with burst regen or burst healing.

Now, if this is for leveling up, then sure, take it because there aren't that many trinkets out there. But there are a few trinkets that are available via quests or BoE that I would rather have over that one when stepping into a dungeon.
thatguy

Postby Levantine » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:03 am

Blue Dragon hasn't been viable since Wrath hit. It was one of the best regen trinkets ingame through BC, but didn't survive Wrath.

Besides, Priests regenerate at 90% of their OOC mana renegeration anyway, it's only the last 10% the card procs.
Levantine

Postby thatguy » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:44 am

4.06 seems to be bringing some changes. I'm a little saddened about the Prayer of Healing change but my hope is that the Circle of Healing buff will help balance this out. I don't know how our Disc bretheren will cope but I'm sure they'll manage.

The changes to keeping up Renew in Serenity are gladly welcomed as well from this priest.
thatguy

Postby Levantine » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:11 pm

I was more cut about the Lightwell nerf. I might have to actually think instead of facerolling with it now. :(
Levantine

Postby Shoju » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:19 pm

Levantine wrote:I was more cut about the Lightwell nerf. I might have to actually think instead of facerolling with it now. :(

Lightwell was not nerfed. Its tooltip was clarified. Confirmed on MMO-C earlier today.
Shoju

Postby thatguy » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:40 pm

Hell, I'm still yelling at dpsers to use the damn lightwell so grats on finding people with more than 3 brain cells.

The healing decrease from PoH isn't as low as we might suspect. Here's a little math from James over at plusheal.com on PoH as Holy.

As Holy..

Twin Disciplines - increases all healing done by 6%
Glyph of Prayer of Healing - does 20% extra healing over 6s
Spiritual Healing (Holy passive) - increases all done by 15%
Sanctuary Chakra (Holy talent) - increases all AOE healing done by 15%
Echo of Light (Holy mastery) - provides at least 10% additional healing done over 6s. More realistically 15%.

Not sure how most of this stacks together. Assuming that SH and SC are added together for 30% increased healing, whilst TD is a separate 6% buff. Obviously EoL and Glyph need to be added to the final number separately.

With 0 spellpower, 0% crit, 4% extra mastery
4.03 Prayer of Healing would heal for 6758-7139 (inc. glyph)
4.06 Prayer of Healing will heal for 5742-6068 (inc. glyph)

With a typical 8K (raid) spellpower, 15% crit, 4% extra mastery
4.03 Prayer of Healing would heal for 13664-14074 (average, inc. glyph)
4.06 Prayer of Healing will heal for 12572-12922 (average inc. glyph)
So about 8% less as Holy. Or close to 6k less per cast.

8% doesn't seem earthshattering. Add in the substantial buff to CoH, and CoH becomes a higher priority in my mind when you add in the glyph, the smartheal, and not requiring the heal to be limited to groups.

However, with Chakra being one minute long, the value of State of Mind comes down a lot. I'll be dropping a point out of State of Mind to pick up the much needed buffed up Desperate Prayer.

I'm pretty happy with the changes.
thatguy

Postby Levantine » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:44 am

Edit: That's a lie. I'm pulling a point out of SoM and ditching SoR again to pick up Blessed Resilience. Blizzard still has the hardon for raid damage, so it could come in handy on fights like Magmaw and ODS.

I'll probably spec something like this at least till I see whether BR is a decent investment over SoR (rofl) and the second SoM point.
Levantine

Postby katraya » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:30 pm

I have been healing regulars for a while now but I haven't been brave enough to heal heroics yet. I recently got a few gear upgrades so I am ready to give them a try.

Some things I want to do first:
Fix my power auras
Make a macro for dummies that tells them to click lightwell and all the goodness associated with it for the beginning of a run.
Add a different macro that announces when lightwell is down.
Get PoM to show on Grid

is there anything else you can suggest that will make my life easier? (Except trying to run with guildies of course...)

Feel free to look me over and see if there is anything glaringly wrong with my spec/glyphs/etc, armory link is in signature and those stats in the sig aren't accurate. I will only be doing heroics, no raiding.
katraya
Maintankadonor

Postby thatguy » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:38 pm

katraya wrote: stuff to do

Talesofapriest.com is great for power auras. If you look in the Addon/Marco section of maintankadin, I started to put together a lot of power aura strings and there are quite a few for Holy Priests. These are pulled from talesofapriest.com. I use them on my priest and they are very well positioned and properly sized.

If you're working on your grid/party frames, you might also want to know when your Weakened Soul debuff is gone since Body and Soul is lots of fun to play around with.

I'm not a huge fan of Divine Touch for heroics. I only keep renews on the tank and you're in Chakra Heal 90% of the time so the amount of renews that you're having to put on people is quite limited. I've found Blessed Resilience to be a better use of my points. It greatly increases your survivability in AoE encounters like Rajh, 3rd boss in LCoT, etc.

As for your glyphs, you don't need circle of healing since you're only doing 5 mans. You could use Psychic Scream as an "OH CRAP Button" to let your tank pick back up some loose mobs or possibly pick up Mass Dispel. I can be helpful on fights like Assad. Neither are game changing but just something to think about. You don't need Glyph of Desperation either since I can't think of a boss encounter in 5 mans where you are stunned. That would give you the freedom to pick up both Mass Dispel and Psychic Scream.

Besides that, you are more than geared for PuG heroics. Your mana regen looks good, your spell power looks high enough, and gear looks good. The only thing I would mention is that in blue sockets, I go for Purified gems over the green gems. Mastery is good but Intellect is even better.
thatguy

Postby Levantine » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:19 pm

thatguy wrote:Mastery is good but Intellect is even better.

Can't stress this enough. Only colour gems you should be using are Red, Orange and Purple. I go for Artful as my orange colour of choice, but I'm a giant mastery slut.
Levantine

Postby katraya » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:29 pm

Levantine wrote:
thatguy wrote:Mastery is good but Intellect is even better.

Can't stress this enough. Only colour gems you should be using are Red, Orange and Purple. I go for Artful as my orange colour of choice, but I'm a giant mastery slut.

I think that the green gems had something to do with meeting a meta gem requirement. A few gear swaps later and they don't make much sense.
katraya
Maintankadonor

Postby thatguy » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:39 pm

You're right kat since Ember Shadowspirit requires two yellow gems. I missed that when I was looking. Once you have enough sockets, it's still best to use Red, Orange, and Purple gems as Lev said.
thatguy

Previous

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes