Remove Advertisements

Prot Warriors

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Re: Prot Warriors

Postby Brute » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:49 am

Anyone else hear the rumor that Shield Bash is going away? what gives?! Are they making Pummel usable in any stance?
Brute

Postby Kelaan » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:29 am

yes:

Heroic Throw is now available from trainers at level 20.
Pummel is now usable in all stances.
Shield Bash has been removed from the game.

Spell Reflection cooldown has been increased to 25 seconds, up from 10.

from http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2193-Patch-4.1-Notes-February-28-Update
Kelaan

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:29 am

Yes; I blame PvP, Yes.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:36 am

another case of pvp fucking up our pve
i honestly think they should just leave it, i mean ffs if you want to protpvp then you should get the perk of an extra silence

this game wasnt meant to be balanced around pvp.....
more and more im moving closer to the dual tooltips camps
make abilities do one thing in pve and one in pvp

that is one thing i do like about rift, all thier resil/pvp crap is in a separate tree so to be great at pvp you have to spec into it

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby tbolt » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:57 am

The shield bash change definitely sucks but while we lose the silence at least we gain a faster interrupt. I think I'm more pissed about spell reflect going on such a long cool down relative to before. It was a great tool for packs with lots of casters, free rage + threat at range without having to move.
tbolt

Postby Shoju » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:29 am

My goblin alt is now 70, and really really really beginning to hate DPS in PUGS. I mean... Is it SO FREAKING HARD to wait until you hear/see Thundclap before you start unloading on everything? 2 Globals is all I ask. 2 freaking globals.

I have tried marking, but well.... That doesn't seem to matter. I have tried letting people die, that doesn't matter because healing is faceroll. I have tried griping at people, that doesn't seem to matter. The pulls in UK right before first boss, and at the top of each set of steps truly make me miss having Avenger's Shield. As it is, I'm rocketing one, Taunting one, and Charging another, and people still find ways to run the mobs all over the place.

Stupid Effing DPS making my job harder.
Shoju

Postby bldavis » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:07 pm

the good thing is that at that level the dps can tank for a bit on thier own

it will get a little better once you get Heroic Throw at 78
but yes, i miss AS pulling too

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Kelaan » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:12 pm

At least the healers aren't in terrible danger, and DPS that choose to die pyrrhically are free to do so IMO. :) Here's hoping it gets better. Once I level my warrior more, I'll share your concerns, I bet. (Once I L2Prot, that is to say.)

Also, boo on forum-preview eating my post. :(

Shield Bash removal is PvE screwing up PvP, not the other way around. I like it - ONE interrupt to use (and balance around), no matter the spec or stance.
Kelaan

Postby Shyrtandros » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:17 pm

After leveling my goblin warrior from 1 to 85 in about 2-3 weeks of casual leveling I am convinced anyone who is leveling a warrior at this time is HORRIBLY wrong if they are not Prot. Insta-Q's for dungeons, more dps than almost anyone until around the 70's. The ability to easily AoE pull & kill quest mobs..
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby fafhrd » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:53 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:Yeah, but before 4.0 a Prot Warrior could use Charge from level 20 with a macro and Stance Mastery. It was hard to adjust back on my lowbie Warrior when I realised I couldn't Charge any more because they moved Stance Mastery to level 58.

Yeah the changes to when you learn things were really jarring if were mid levelling. I actually had a level 20ish mage that I hadn't played in around 5 years, but I decided to pick her up again in Cata. Something like 70% of the abilities she was used to having as a level 22 frost mage were either gone, or bumped up to level 40 or level 50 abilities. Even seemingly basic things like conjure water and mana shield became really high level abilities, and because of the new not-getting-a-talent-point every level, even talented abilities in your primary tree are a lot farther than they look. It really seems that for some classes at least they want you to have almost no decisions to make for the vanilla levels.

She's 64 now though, so is no longer feeling lobotomized, but now she's back to no decisions because everything dies in 2 arcane blasts - sometime she goes frost to deal with groups or just to make things more interactive, but that's slower on the kill quests so I end up switching back.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Flex » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:51 am

bldavis wrote:another case of pvp fucking up our pve

Or a PvE request, 10 second cooldown interrupt like every other tanking class, being filled in the most logical way.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby bldavis » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:09 am

Flex wrote:
bldavis wrote:another case of pvp fucking up our pve

Or a PvE request, 10 second cooldown interrupt like every other tanking class, being filled in the most logical way.

if this is the case, then i want to kick the ass of who ever asked for it, we have 3 cooldowns we can use for interupts, why the hell would you ask for one to be taken away?

that is what i love about being a warrior, if i cant put my foot down or bash my shield in your face to get you to stfu, ill just throw my weapon at you.

im sure it is just more homogenization between the tanking classes but i think its screwed up

/rant

edit: i know this isnt a prot thing, but its is showing that blizz MIGHT be going more towards seperate pve/pvp abilities

Mmo-Champ wrote: Warrior (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
Colossus Smash now ignores 50% of a hostile player's armor (PvP), but continues to ignore 100% of a non-player character's armor (PvE).

now lets see if this makes it live

bldavis

Postby Kelaan » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:23 am

bldavis wrote:
Flex wrote:10 second cooldown interrupt like every other tanking class, being filled in the most logical way.

if this is the case, then i want to kick the ass of who ever asked for it, we have 3 cooldowns we can use for interupts, why the hell would you ask for one to be taken away?

How would you have handled interrupts SOLO while tanking Halfus? I'm curious what the rotation is, especially given that you might be tank swapping.

I think it's also possible that they didn't want you to have an interupt more than every 10 seconds.
Kelaan

Postby thatguy » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:42 am

bldavis wrote:
Mmo-Champ wrote: Warrior (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
Colossus Smash now ignores 50% of a hostile player's armor (PvP), but continues to ignore 100% of a non-player character's armor (PvE).

now lets see if this makes it live

It's this kind of stuff that drives me bat shit crazy. After all of the "balancing" that they've tried to do, they finally realize that "Gee, maybe we could just flip this switch to differentiate between PvP and PvE". Why they can't do more of this just baffles me.
thatguy

Postby bldavis » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:46 pm

Kelaan wrote:
bldavis wrote:
Flex wrote:10 second cooldown interrupt like every other tanking class, being filled in the most logical way.

How would you have handled interrupts SOLO while tanking Halfus? I'm curious what the rotation is, especially given that you might be tank swapping.

I think it's also possible that they didn't want you to have an interupt more than every 10 seconds.

dang
you found the flaw in my logic

i dont know any of the raid fights cept the BH boss....if you call that a raid

bldavis

PreviousNext

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes