Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

holy spec for dps viable?

Postby Minnerva » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:09 pm

would it be a viable spec for dps?
Minnerva

Re: holy spec for dps viable?

Postby Thornir » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:30 pm

If it was, I doubt Blizzard would let it stay like that.

Holy is a healing spec through and through.
Many fall, but one remains. - The Stranger
Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour. - Patrick Stewart
Thornir

*Now with 100% more beef!*
Thornir

Postby Minnerva » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:43 pm

Thornir wrote:If it was, I doubt Blizzard would let it stay like that.

Holy is a healing spec through and through.

they seem to have boost on spell damage and healing, almost like druids have dps and tank put into one
Minnerva

Postby Dantriges » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:20 pm

Well you could do some DPS as a resto druid, if you spec for it. Probably highy unlikely unless it´s for some pvp reasons. Seems resto shamans have to DPS t recharge mana with Telluric Currents. I think there is a Discipline build that has to smite for more healing. But I doubt that any healing spec would put out competitive DPS. Seems it is just meant to increase healpower. Perhaps you could level as a healing spec A friend of mine switched to healing for killing stuff. He meant that he is more durable and the loss in killing power is offset by the gain in durability. So could be that you could switch to healing spec for leveling if you meet nasty mobs. Like some people said, they recommend to level as prot in the upper leveling areas. So I assume they are there for pvp reasons and if you want to level as healer.
Dantriges

Postby sherck » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:05 am

Ummm...in a word, no.

My Holy Pally has an avg I-level of 259 in his Holy Gear (dang 232 neck that I cannot get a replacement for) and I specced and glyphed him for "Shockadin" viability.

Hitting the training dummies, I was able to ekk out 2.2k DPS on the level 80 dummy keep Concentrate up as much as possible, and an ability priority of Holy Shock > Exo > Holy Wrath > CS > Judgement with using my CDs (SP trinket, Avenging Wrath, Aura Mastery for Ret aura, Divine Favor) at every opportunity. HoW was not usable due to the health of the dummy.

Can you go quest as Holy? Sure you can.

Can you run older content as Holy? Sure can; I do it all the time.

Will you be able to quest as Holy in Cata? Don't know; probably but it will be painful to kill things.

Can you do some good burst damage if you blow all your CDs at once? Yes, hitting both Avenging Wrath and Divine Favor along with a Spell Power CD and Aura Mastery on Ret Aura can SKYROCKET your DPS....for 20 seconds.

Can you PvP as Holy? Probably but I have never done it.

Can you DPS in a raid as Holy? No fricking way; it is not high enough DPS.

Cheers,
sherck

Postby claisa » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:43 am

I talented for all range dps boosting effects, and glyphed for them.

My holy gear is my off off spec, so have been cheap with gems and enchants, and didn;t take a spell power flask. Ran a couple of heroics as DPS. Pulled about 4k DPs single target.

this being judgement to get haste buff, holy shock, and exocism spam. if it was ICC heroics my dam would of gone up loads from undead being the target, but it was halls of lightning and some other non undead dungeon, can't remember was drunk.

Following morning did some pvp like it as well. Range plate class healing and DPSing was nice. Good for kill stealing.

Suspect it will be terrible at 85 with higher health pools unless damage/healing scales well. But fun at 80 for the next 6 weeks or so.

Would link spec but gone back to ret off spec as terrible for AoE Dam and busy grinding Dire maul at the mo.
claisa

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes