Combat Rogue weapon choice

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Combat Rogue weapon choice

Postby Skye1013 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:46 pm

So, with all the new changes, I was looking at Combat Rogues Mastery (% chance on MH hit for an extra OH hit) and was wondering if anyone thinks this will change Combat Rogues into a slow/slow weapon configuration?
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Re: Combat Rogue weapon choice

Postby Rhivath » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:51 am

I would say they would stay fast offhand and slow mainhand, mainly because of the energy regen from Combat Potency is still 60% chance on offhand hit to gain 5 energy... so the dps gain from a slower offhand with the mastery proc wouldn't be as good as the energy regen from faster offhand hits, but I could be wrong - haven't played my rogue much yet.
Rhivath - Alliance Paladin of Silver Hand
And many many alts!
Rhivath

Postby bldavis » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:55 am

full stack of CP is 20% for 15 energy

that said i would think that combat would stick with slow/fast for the chance of energy... idk though, my rogue is assassin and has daggers...

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Skye1013 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:14 am

I'll have to double check when I get home tonight, but I thought I saw a couple other talents that had some synergy with slow/slow, and depending on the boost in energy regen that Combat gets anyway... that might negate the loss of some Combat Potency procs.
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:14 pm

Currently the only spec that wants a fast non-dagger weapon is Combat Rogue. I wouldn't be too surprised to see Blizzard push towards slow/slow for combat.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby bldavis » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:56 pm

im going back and looking at the talents, just the base skills you get for being combat kind of point top slow/slow...

Ambidexterity ... boost OH damage

their mastery is 10% chance for extra OH attack
and that ties into CP if it can proc it....

so it looks like it wont be just enhance shammies that want slow/slow if im reading this right

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:05 am

bldavis wrote:im going back and looking at the talents, just the base skills you get for being combat kind of point top slow/slow...

Ambidexterity ... boost OH damage

their mastery is 10% chance for extra OH attack
and that ties into CP if it can proc it....

so it looks like it wont be just enhance shammies that want slow/slow if im reading this right

Frost DKs use slow/slow as well, not sure about fury wars (Single-Minded Fury spec)
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:32 pm

you got me there with frost dks, my dk is blood/uh (i like big weapons and beating the shit out of mobs with them... thats why my warrior is titans grip)

i forgot DWF dks, just thinking of shammies cause that is what i play :oops:

bldavis

Postby Epimer » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:48 pm

Rogues are still energy-limited, and Combat Potency is still the main energy generator for Combat Rogues. Main Gauche would have to do silly amounts of damage to beat out the enormous loss of energy regeneration caused by having a slow weapon in the off-hand.

Combat is still slow MH/fast OH, for now at least.
Epimer

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes