Remove Advertisements

Bear tanking in Beta/PTR

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Bear tanking in Beta/PTR

Postby Shathus » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:25 am

I copied my pally and druid over to the PTR to play around. Obviously paladin mechanic changes and discussions are well covered here, but I haven't read a whole lot about bear tanking.

I played around on the target dummy for awhile then did most of a heroic begin it seemed the login server died (or something) and I couldn't get back in.

Maul is no-longer an "extra" attack that gets spammed with every ability. It has a short (1.5sec?) CD but still appears to be off the GCD. Mangle is, well, still mangle. Lacerate is the same, but goes up to only 3 stacks now. And Pulverize is kind of like SotR in that it does more damage the more stacks of lacerate you have up on the mob, the difference of course being that you can also use it with NO stacks whenever you want too. This also puts a debuff on the target you should keep up, along with mangle. Fairie fire is still there for some damage and threat as well.

Swipe is around, but now has a CD on it, so you can't spam it in AoE.

The rotation seemed to be something like, mangle, then lacerate/maul/FF to 3 stacks, pulverize and repeat with those when mangle/FF come off CD and Maul as a rage dump. I've sure there's more intricacy to be had, but is that the basic idea?

How are you supposed to handle AoE situations with only 1 AoE move, (and doesn't tick for additional dmg like cons/DnD) and has a CD?

EDIT: nevermind, forgot about Thrash, you just dont get it until 81
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes