Remove Advertisements

[Retribution PVE] - Seal Twisting on Heroic LK Phase 3

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

[Retribution PVE] - Seal Twisting on Heroic LK Phase 3

Postby unlimit » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:16 pm

Valks are a bitch apparently.

I'm set to be primary stun on purple diamond, which is fine and easy, blah, but I'm curious if there would be more benefit for me to go SoR instead of SoV for valks....

So, what do you think, or know?
unlimit
Maintankadonor

Re: [Retribution PVE] - Seal Twisting on Heroic LK Phase 3

Postby lythac » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:41 am

You mention you are stunning Purple Diamond, so I take it you mean 25 man and therefore SoC not SoR?
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby unlimit » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:29 am

lythac wrote:You mention you are stunning Purple Diamond, so I take it you mean 25 man and therefore SoC not SoR?
25 Man Heroic is correct, and I do mean SoR, as I find it to be more damage on a single target than SoC... or am I incorrect?
OpenRDX Basic Guides: Forum Topic + Vimeo Channel
unlimit
Maintankadonor

Postby Argali » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:45 am

Aren't most good guilds forcing the valkyrs to fly within melee range of each other, therefore using SoR would result in less overall dps due to missing out on seal of cleaving?
Argali

Postby unlimit » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:53 am

Argali wrote:Aren't most good guilds forcing the valkyrs to fly within melee range of each other, therefore using SoR would result in less overall dps due to missing out on seal of cleaving?
We're having troubles, but we haven't specifically talked about forcing them to fly in melee range of eachother, that'd be a nice thing to talk about with them (thanks!).
OpenRDX Basic Guides: Forum Topic + Vimeo Channel
unlimit
Maintankadonor

Postby cds4850 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:21 am

I also do not feel as though what you are describing would be an example of seal twisting. As far as I can remember, this term was made popular by arena retribution paladins who would run SoCommand or SoBlood and switch to SoJustice during the swing animation so as to benefit from the damage proc while gaining the stun effect as well.
cds4850

Postby Argali » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:02 am

cds4850 wrote:I also do not feel as though what you are describing would be an example of seal twisting. As far as I can remember, this term was made popular by arena retribution paladins who would run SoCommand or SoBlood and switch to SoJustice during the swing animation so as to benefit from the damage proc while gaining the stun effect as well.

Not just that. Back in TBC, horde paladins were showing Blizzard the folly of giving faction specific seals by twisting Seal of Blood and Seal of Righteousness.
Argali

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes