Fire Mage Patch 4.01 Sooo FUN!

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Fire Mage Patch 4.01 Sooo FUN!

Postby Cronus » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:35 pm

I remember the day I started playing WoW, back in vanilla days. I wanted to play a bad ass caster that could run around and blow mobs up. That left me with once choice, Affliction Warlock. As much as I loved my warlock, I hated dying all the time. So, I began the life of my mage and fell in love with him. The biggest plus was being able to CC and get out off bad situations without Dying! The one thing I missed was running around casting. Now fast forward 3 years and PTR patch 4.01.

Fire spec. I read all the talents and picked the PVE spec I thought would do me good...and good it was! I quickly cued for a random heroic (15mins later) and commenced trying out my combos. I finally got it down and it was AWESOME! I never stood still except for single target. With mobs it was living bomb, instant flamestrike, blast wave, dragon’s breath, AND casting while running scorch. Once in awhile I would get hot streak proc and instant pyroblast. With all that fire damage I never once stood still. Oh, forgot fire blast. When it was the boss fight, I just spammed fireball/ hot streak Pyro. It was epic with more than one mob. I loved it! My DPS was just as good as Live with arcane.
If blizzard keeps fire the way it is, I may have found my new main character. I enjoyed playing my fire mage immensely.

My 80's are Ret/Prot pally, Arcane/Fire Mage, Resto/Boom Druid, and Mut Rogue. Out of all them on PTR, Fire mage was the most fun followed by resto druid...but thats another post :D Least fun was my pally and that make me a sad panda :(
Cronus

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes