Remove Advertisements

Ret PVE Patch 4.01

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Re: Ret PVE Patch 4.01

Postby Kelaan » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:55 pm

Korola wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:I thought they were getting a talent to transfer their points to the next target?

Yup - Gold Star for Nika

Redirect is a 1 minute cooldown, though. It won't help them for trash as much, for example, or handling Bone Spikes or Putricide's ooze spawns. Of course, on tank-and-spank bosses, it's effectively the same.
Kelaan

Postby Cronus » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:41 am

Ok, I have played and played my ret pally trying to squeeze all I can out of him and no bueno! I test dummied my ret on live with about 8k dps single target. The most I can get out of my ret on PTR was 4.8K dps. Please dear god let there be something wrong. I researched and tried every combo possible yet I can’t pass 5k dps in PTR. I am a very sad panda :(

I dont want to say QQ since this is PTR but have you guys noticed a significant DPS drop in PTR with the new talent system? Right now I feel we are LOL RET again.

On the brighter side, I feel my Fire mage is absolutely, positively bad ass!
Cronus

Postby rodos » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:21 pm

Cronus wrote:Ok, I have played and played my ret pally trying to squeeze all I can out of him and no bueno! I test dummied my ret on live with about 8k dps single target. The most I can get out of my ret on PTR was 4.8K dps. Please dear god let there be something wrong. I researched and tried every combo possible yet I can’t pass 5k dps in PTR. I am a very sad panda :(

I dont want to say QQ since this is PTR but have you guys noticed a significant DPS drop in PTR with the new talent system? Right now I feel we are LOL RET again.

On the brighter side, I feel my Fire mage is absolutely, positively bad ass!

Better to be under-powered and have a numbers tuning pass push the spec back to where it should be than have "zOMG burst" crying result in a nerf to entire mechanics like the 6s CS cooldown at the start of BC, or the change of DS from holy damage to physical in WotLK.
rodos

Postby twinkfist » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:08 am

read the latest batch of updates today. looks like blizz nerfed the damage on 2hp templar's verdict. thought this was coming because the thought out there was that a 2hp templar verdict made for a much more smooth rotation when compared to a 2hp templar verdict.

oh well.
twinkfist

Postby Morza » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:42 pm

The set bonus for Ret T10 was changed.Can't remember the wording but it raises all dmg you do by 5% if I remember correctly.It seems alot of the set bonus's were changed since my DKs T9 4pc no longer allows his dots to crit :(
Morza

Postby Chicken » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:45 am

Morza wrote:The set bonus for Ret T10 was changed.Can't remember the wording but it raises all dmg you do by 5% if I remember correctly.It seems alot of the set bonus's were changed since my DKs T9 4pc no longer allows his dots to crit :(
It's mostly due to various set bonuses no longer making sense for various reasons. Divine Storm no longer has a cooldown, so they could hardly make it's cooldown reset. As for the DK set bonus, that's just a baseline thing for everyone now so they had to change the bonus.
Chicken

Postby sherck » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:47 am

I only play Ret as OS (MS = Holy) so I only use it for questing, doing Loremaster and the very occasional LoLDPS on the odd raid boss when 3 healers in 10-mans is too much.

I have not been keeping up with Ret changes in 4.0.1 so...

1. What glyphs for 4.0.1 now?
2. Different enchants? ARe + AP chants going away?
3. Gems for 4.0.1? Currently, I socket 1x Nightmare Tear for Meta activation and the rest + Str.
4. Stat weighting between Crit, Haste, Expertise and Mastery (I have a Hit and a non-Hit set so I don't really care about that one.)

Anything else a part-time Ret might need to know?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
sherck

Postby Korola » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:19 am

I like http://retributionpaladins.com/ for my ret related questions.
Korola
Maintankadonor

Postby sherck » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:33 am

Korola wrote:I like http://retributionpaladins.com/ for my ret related questions.

Me too...alas it is blocked at work.

But I can check it when I get home. I just did not have a ton of motivation to do so yet but with the possibility that 4.0 is dropping tomorrow (I think next week more likely) then I perhaps need the info now.

Cheers,
sherck

Postby Korola » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:12 am

Cataclysm Ret Paladin Glyphs are current as of Patch 4.0. The entire Glyph system has been revamped, with many new and many altered Retribution Paladin Glyphs. Let’s go over some of the new changes:

■There are now 3 Minor Glyph sockets, 3 Major Glyph sockets, and 3 Prime Glyph Sockets. Prime Glyphs are the new additions.
■Many glyphs have been revamped. Some have been removed all together.
■The way you acquire glyphs and use them has changed. To learn a glyph permanently, you must purchase or make the glyph, then right click to learn. This will add it to your Glyph Book. You won’t have to purchase the glyph again, and it can be used and re-used as needed.
■To replace an existing glyph, a Vanishing Powder reagent must be used.
Essentially, we get 3 extra glyphs to help us out. I will list what I currently believe to be Best in Slot Ret Paladin glyphs. Before all chaos ensues, know that this is the first list I am posting. This is definitely going to change is our DPS is hashed out. I am closely watching Elitist Jerks and otehr Ret forums to provide you guys with the best info possible.

NOTE: It is MUCH easier to swap glyphs out now. I expect us to have a set for AoE, bosses, PvP, 5-mans, etc. As our situational combat experiences evolve, we will get a much clearer picture of what our glyph sets will be. For instance, in a 10 man raid, you may encounter 6 pulls of trash before the boss. If these pulls are mostly AoE, you will be using your AoE glyph set. Once you get to the boss, it’s back to the single target glyph set. I am predicting now that prior to each boss fight, raid leaders will be calling out glyph swaps as their part of their routine ready checks!

Ret Paladin Major Glyphs
■[Glyph of Exorcism] – Deals an extra 20% damage over 6 seconds. The previous version increased damage by 20% instantly. With Exorcism designed to fit into our DPS rotations better in Cataclysm, this glyph will see more use than it’s former version did in WotLK.
■[Glyph of Judgement] - Judgements deal an additional 10% damage. Nothing changes here. A must have glyph, even though Judgement has been somewhat demoted in terms of priority.
■[Glyph of Templar's Verdict] – Increases Templar’s Verdict damage by 15%. At the 3 Holy Power ranks, the damage percent increases to 45%/125%/240%. With our rotations in their present state revolving around Templar’s Verdict, this is one of your BiS Major Ret Paladin Glyphs.
Optional

■[Glyph of Crusader Strike] – Increased Crusader Strike crit chance by 5%. Probably will not see much use in end game content when compared to the main three listed above. Still, it is a Ret Glyph, and can be used if one of the above is for some reason unavailable.
Ret Paladin Prime Glyphs
■[Glyph of Seal of Truth] – Grants 10 expertise. I am on the edge with this one. We will see how important expertise is in Cata, and how abundant it is on gear. I am not quite sure of the expertise cap (if there is one), so expect this ranking to possibly change.
■[Glyph of Ascetic Crusader] – Reduces mana cost of Crusader Strike by 30%. At level 85, conserving mana through longer boss fights may prove to be a challenge. This glyph could be a very strong tool in keeping mana plentiful, especially with Crusader Strike being our bread and butter attack.
■[Glyph of Consecration] - Extends duration and cooldown of Consecrate by 20%. I am going to catch some flak for this one, and yes, it could easily be replaced by one of the other options, but this will continue to help keep stronger attacks available more often. Rets are arguing Consecrate isn’t worth the mana cost at over 50% base mana, but we will wait and see how things play out at 85.
Optional

■[Glyph of Divine Plea] – Provides an extra 5% total mana. This could easily replace the Consecrate glyph, and I am convinced for single target fights, this may be a must have if mana is an issue.
■[Glyph of Divinity] - Grants 2x the mana than normal, and also grants you the same amount of mana as the player you cast it on. While I see this as a huge healing tool, this may also find some utility in fights where tanks are taking a brutal beating. Keep in mind this would be extremely situational, and only one Paladin may be required to carry it, and if that, only for one or two particular fights. Remember, glyphs will be able to be switched out much more often now.
■[Glyph of Hammer of Wrath] – Reduces mana cost by 100%. Another mana saving Prime glyph. See the trend here? Not as beneficial as the others, but still could see some use.
■[Glyph of Holy Wrath] – Now stuns elementals and dragonkin. I’m not sold on this at all, but if there are fights involving heavy dragonkin/elementals, this control method may see situational use.
■[Glyph of Rebuke] – Reduces mana cost by 100%. Could see extensive use in PvP. PvE use would be minimal.
■[Glyph of Salvation] – Reduces all threat over duration of spell instead of reducing threat over time. Great tool, and I’d love to see it in use. However, if we are pulling off that much threat, it’s ashame it would have to replace a mana conserving glyph. Still more to evolve from the usage of this glyph it would seem.
Ret Paladin Minor Glyphs
■[Glyph of Blessing of Might] - Extends duration of Blessing of Might by 20 minutes. Still going to be useful when grouped with other Paladins.
■[Glyph of Lay on Hands] – Reduces cooldown by 2 minutes. Not quite as nice as tthe previous 5 minute version. But still useful enough to fill a minor glyph slot.
■[Glyph of Blessing of Kings] – Reduces mana cost by 50%. Really no other decent option here. Kings will still see heavy usage in groups and raids.
Korola
Maintankadonor

Postby Korola » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:32 am

Don't see any of the typical AP enchants (boots and wrists).

Enchant Weapon - Landslide
5 sec cast
Tools:

Runed Elementium RodReagents:
Hypnotic Dust (6), Greater Celestial Essence (4), Heavenly Shard (2), Maelstrom Crystal (4)Permanently enchant a weapon to sometimes increase attack power by 1000 for 12 sec when striking in melee. Requires a level 300 or higher item.

Enchant Boots - Mastery
5 sec cast
Tools:

Runed Titanium RodReagents:
Hypnotic Dust (10), Greater Celestial Essence (3)Permanently enchant boots to increase mastery rating by 50. Requires a level 300 or higher item.

Enchant Boots - Precision
5 sec cast
Tools:

Hypnotic Dust (8), Greater Celestial Essence (4)Permanently enchant boots to increase hit rating by 50. Requires a level 300 or higher item.

Enchant Boots - Haste
5 sec cast
Tools:

Hypnotic Dust (2), Greater Celestial Essence Permanently enchant boots to increase haste rating by 50. Requires a level 300 or higher item.

Enchant Boots - Lavawalker
5 sec cast
Tools:

Runed Elementium RodReagents:
Greater Celestial Essence (10), Maelstrom Crystal Permanently enchant boots to increase movement speed slightly and mastery rating by 35. Requires a level 300 or higher item.
Korola
Maintankadonor

Postby Korola » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:39 am

Retribution Rotation Helper with Holy Power Bar (from here after referred to as "RRH") is a BETA Cataclysm Mod.

Video: http:www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQks7Fegr-A\\ This is a cataclysm BETA + 4.00 PTR mod only it will not work on 3.3.x live

This version should resolve lag/display issues. Confirmed working on PTR, and the Beta should be using the same API as the PTR.

Purpose
To display holy power bars as well as calculate and display single target display order as a rotation helper, taking into account procs, execute phases, cooldowns, and holy power.

The rotation system will be set to what the gurus at ElitistJerks determine is the best rotation when it is available.

However, as no rotation is currently determine, the rotation is currently set to:
Rotation set to in order of highest priority to lowest: Inq 3 , TV 3, CS, Hammer of Wrath, Exo, Judge, Holy Wrath.

The main addon display

The addon frames are movable by Control-Click and dragging any of the holy power indicators.

Slash Commands
/rrh config - Opens the configuration window.
/rrh version - Displays the current addon version.

Configuration

Inquisition clip basically allows you to set a threshold where the inquisition buff will be clipped to keep it from potentially dropping
Window Size lets you resize the holy power/rotation frames. Default is 1.0.
Prio Judgement will adjust the rotation to make sure you keep up the mana returning effect from casting judgement. *NOT YET IMPLEMENTED*
Unhasted weapon speed should be set to whatever the tooltip shows on your main weapon. This is used for calculating hasted GCDs. Functionality still in development.
CS GCD Delay allows you to set a amount of time to wait for CS while GCD is available for use. As an example, if set this to 0.25 (a quarter of a second) and the cooldown on CS is up in 1.2 seconds, but the GCD is up in 1 second, it will suggest waiting the 0.2 second difference to use CS instead of pushing it back from another ability. As gear changes, ti may be optimal to do this over pushing back CS, this addon allows you the flexibility to modify this delay as you see fit.
Enable Inquisition: if this is checked, it will use inquisition in the rotation. If it is not checked (say farming or doing dailies), it will suggest using Holy Power on only TV.
Enable Rotation manager: IF checked it will suggest abilities to use. If unchecked it will hide teh ability frames, and not suggest abilities to use, making it operate just as a simple holy power display bar.
Enabling Custom Rotation allows you to set your own rotation. Inquisition (when enabled) and Templar's Verdict are always top priority since this will always be the case, the remainder of the attacks are able to be adjusted in priority. The higher in the list, the higher in priority the ability is .

The Rotation codes are as follows:

CS=Crusader Strike

J=Judgement

EXO=Exorcism

HW=Holy Wrath

HOW=Hammer of Wrath.

Issues/Important things to note.

This addon is currently only enUS localized.

This is a ret paladin only addon and will throw errors if you are not logged in as a ret paladin.

Make sure you visit a class trainer, and learn all of your abilities up to level 80

Planned Additions/Upcoming bug fixes

Add ability to have rotation frame auto-hide when not in combat

De-localize the addon so it works outside enUS.

Implement JoTB Judgement prioroity switch

Spec detection

If you do receive an error message, please post the entire message for me as a comment for me, thanks!

Donations
Donations appreciated, but of course are not necessary.. PayPal: ewhenn (at) yahoo dot com.

Update:
v4.00-a4--

Updated Holy power checks to adjsut for upcoming queued Holy Power change

Added Ability to add a custom rotation
Korola
Maintankadonor

Postby Kelaan » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:11 pm

Korola wrote:Retribution Rotation Helper with Holy Power Bar (from here after referred to as "RRH") is a BETA Cataclysm Mod.

Does that mean I won't be able to use it on the PTR?
Kelaan

Postby Chicken » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:28 pm

Kelaan wrote:
Korola wrote:Retribution Rotation Helper with Holy Power Bar (from here after referred to as "RRH") is a BETA Cataclysm Mod.

Does that mean I won't be able to use it on the PTR?
It means you'll be able to use it. It's not a mod for the Cataclysm beta, it's a mod for the Cataclysm changes, and the mod itself is still in its beta phase.
Chicken

Postby rodos » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:09 pm

Just taking a look at set bonuses on PTR. I've been running my ret off spec with 2pc T9 (RV can crit) and 2pc T10 (DS cooldown reset). It seems that both of these have been changed to "You do 5% more damage". Does anyone know if they stack? I.e. is there still an advantage to running 2pc T9 rather than upgrading to more 251/264 T10/offspect badge gear?
rodos

PreviousNext

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes