Remove Advertisements

BOA Weapon Question

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

BOA Weapon Question

Postby Punkss2 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:51 am

Is it possible to put level restricted enchants on BOA weapons? For example, my lvl 70 rogue with both swords, would i be able to enchant them with mongoose or Berzerking? I ask, because recently I have found that you can put scopes on the BOA bow/gun where as before you couldnt. Just like the shoulder enchants are now possible on BOA gear, but they don't kick in until the correct level.
Thinking of starting WOW again....
Punkss2

Re: BOA Weapon Question

Postby Pizbit » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:53 am

Punkss2 wrote:Is it possible to put level restricted enchants on BOA weapons? For example, my lvl 70 rogue with both swords, would i be able to enchant them with mongoose or Berzerking? I ask, because recently I have found that you can put scopes on the BOA bow/gun where as before you couldnt. Just like the shoulder enchants are now possible on BOA gear, but they don't kick in until the correct level.

No. You can ONLY enchant BoA items with enchants that do NOT have a level requirement. Regardless of the level the item is currently at.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby hoho » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:01 am

Pizbit wrote:No. You can ONLY enchant BoA items with enchants that do NOT have a level requirement. Regardless of the level the item is currently at.
Interestingly you can use the pvp shoulder enchants on them. Though I guess that's because they have a minimum player level requirement, not item level.
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
hoho

Postby Maballsies » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:14 am

You can also use the ZG shoulder enchants, but they will be red until you are 55.
Good God can you still get us home?
We're forgetting our forgiveness
Maballsies

Postby Tar-Leim » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:42 am

While not DPS-centric you CAN put bladeward on Heirlooms it just doesn't go active til lvl 75
Old sig was old.
Tar-Leim

Postby bldavis » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:59 pm

i would just stick with crusader at least for melee toons or possibly fiery

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby twinkfist » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:30 pm

i went with crusader on the 2h sword, the 2h axe and the 1h mace for my warrior tank....crusader is an awesome enchant until level 60...and still not that bad at level 70.

i like to have many options...until i reach level 60...then i'm getting the pvp 2h mace...or 2h sword...the battlemasters or whatever it's called weapons.

i gave up on raiding as i never really got into wrath and never really felt like seeing endgame in this expac. now i'm just leveling another pally and a new warrior...the pally so i can get things and do things that i didn't know before in vanilla and bc.

actually, that's my issue...which one do i get:
http://www.wowhead.com/item=18830
http://www.wowhead.com/item=18876
http://www.wowhead.com/item=18867
http://www.wowhead.com/item=18869
twinkfist

Postby Flex » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:54 pm

They are all the same. Only thing that matters will be weapon specs (going away in Cataclysm) and any racials.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby twinkfist » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:46 pm

well, that and the look of each. looks, at that level, are very important.

8)
twinkfist

Postby Flex » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:06 pm

twinkfist wrote:well, that and the look of each. looks, at that level, are very important.

8)

I consider the GM Sword to be iconic, especially back when the Icy enchant was insanely bright.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby twinkfist » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:03 am

that sword is really sweet. it's going to be between the mace and the sword. the mace goes along with the pally theme...but the sword is just so obnoxious in size that it's just that flat-out tempting.
twinkfist

Postby Shoju » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:21 am

IMO, the sword is the end all be all of weapons at that level. I'm actually getting ready to purchase my still level 53 paladin the 1h'd sword to go along with her shield.
Shoju

Postby twinkfist » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:03 am

still haven't made my decision yet...will probably just farm more honor and get both.

that being said, i'm loving leveling again...taking my time...reading everything. working on verigan's fist right now...i never bothered doing that quest the first time i leveled my pally. much better and much more fun this time around.
twinkfist

Postby twinkfist » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:32 am

something else...just read mmo-champion...and through archeology...Zin'rokh, destroyer of worlds...is now attainable through archeology and is level 85 and BOA....and 3.8 weapon speed.

well, with two pallys and a warrior...this should be pretty awesome.
twinkfist

Postby Flex » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:02 am

twinkfist wrote:something else...just read mmo-champion...and through archeology...Zin'rokh, destroyer of worlds...is now attainable through archeology and is level 85 and BOA....and 3.8 weapon speed.

well, with two pallys and a warrior...this should be pretty awesome.

Yup and to make it clear, it is a required level 85 BoA so you will not be able to send it to a level 19 twink.
Flex

Next

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes