Shoju's Case Study: Fresh 80 to ICC in 24 hours as DPS.

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Re: Shoju's Case Study: Fresh 80 to ICC in 24 hours as DPS.

Postby Gerunna » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:02 am

andx wrote:
beornus wrote:
I log on, and I'm doing a lite bit of banking/mail stuff getting ready for my "mornin' Ralph... Mornin' Sam" (cookies for the person who gets the reference :)) ,

Indeed it was on Loony Toons. I like how they punched in and punched out and everything was fine when they punched out. Good times.

Yep, and I seem to remember they even took their lunch break together occasionally.
ImageImage
Gerunna

Postby Shathus » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:27 am

from

to
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:45 am

Old school professionalism right there.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:59 am

Hour 12 @80
OMFGBBQWTFCRAZYSAUCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm halfway through the case study?! Oh man. Panic is setting in. Seriously. The gear curve for this has been soemthing like a a free fall. I started out getting tons of gear quickly, and now it is really, REALLY slowing down. I'm worried that without some love from the RNG gods, I might not make it.

I did some research, and realized that there are some enchants that I can feel comfortable getting. I enchanted my shoulders, I enchanted my legs, I enchanted my bracers. Those were all no brainers. I know that I'm not going to be replacing my chest right? So I queue up for the N/H FOS/POS's and head down to the Auction house. There are no Abyss Crystals on the Ah. NONE!? ZERO!? How is this possible? There are normally PAGES upon PAGES of them sitting there. I also have NONE on me. That's right. I haven't had good luck winning anything but infinite dust. So, I browse for chest scrolls. 10 stats scrolls are 700g right now... I think there must be an enchanting war going on right now between the 4 power broker enchanters on the realm. These guys have more gold than brains and will bludgeon each other to death. Meanwhile, on my Death Knight, I eek out an existence selling heirloom enchants and mongoose. I check for 8 stats, and there it is. 25g. Why in the world are 2 stats worth that much more? Because Blizzard realized that people like to min max.

So, 8 stats it is. I don't need to be BiS. I need to be passable to get in.

Boots. I'm not going to be replacing them either, so I start looking at boot enchants. I'm not quite to spell hit cap yet, and I'm shooting for ICC 10. I decide that Icewalker is going to be the best bang for the buck, So I pick up an Icewalker scroll for 100g. Yep. Enchanting War. Well, as I start looking for Glove enchants, I get

H:PoS
Bear tank
Pally Healer
Mage
Warlock.

Have you ever been in one of those groups that tries REALLY hard to skip trash? Yeah, I hate that too. Garfrost dies, and we see Plate Healing pants. Yuck. Ick Dies, and we see Cloth Belt. Yuck again. This is where it gets interesting. The healer and tank are hurrying everyone to mount and run. I hate this idea, but since I'm in no position to really argue, I do. We all make it to the top of the hill, and we decide to skip the first trash pack too.... Yay.... Except that the warlock didn't understand, and butt pulls the first pack while we are killing the second pack. We wipe. And they are laying into him. the party chat looks something like this

OMFGUSTOOPIDNEWBICANBEELEEVUDONNOHOATOGETPASDATTRASH
UFAILSOBADIWISHURMOMWOULDNUHADUSTOOPIDNEWB
<INSERT MOUTH BREATHING HERE>
OMFGUSTOOPIDNEWBICANBEELEEVUDONNOHOATOGETPASDATTRASH
UFAILSOBADIWISHURMOMWOULDNUHADUSTOOPIDNEWB

Warlock says he wont be talked to that way and the idea of skipping that is just laziness. He drops. I say that I agree. Pally says, then he is out. Stupid people wanting to do things the hard way or something. Tank requeues and says that he agrees, but he is a trial in the healers guild and is trying to make a good impression. Wow? People get that silly about what their trials do in Random Heroics!? In pops a hunter (stupidly good geared. No clue why he is still running randoms/heroics at all) and a Priest healer(not the same guild as mr. awesome hunter). We drop the hill, we drop the other trash, we go through the tunnel where the priest gets hit trying to drop a heal on the bear during the last leg (so no acheive).

We get ready for tyrannus, and the tank says: Healer, want to have some fun? Healer says "I'm down". Tank says: Don't stop when you have brand. Go nuts. Bloodlust, Totems, Dogs the whole 9 yards. I'm thinking.... OK... I'm going to see a tank die. We go off, and we just annihilate Tyrannus. It is the fastest I have ever done the fight, and the tank didn't seem to take anymore damage. I dropped a cool 5800 DPS on Tyrannus' head.

Sadly, no drops again. This is getting depressing.

I hearth back to dal, and get prepped to head to ICC and try the boat questing. My last hour of skinning felt unproductive. I also decide I REALLY need to get another weapon, so I had N:HoR to my list of specifics, and queue. BY the time I get to the boat, Normal HoR pops.

N:HoR
Warrior Tank
Paladin Healer
Warrior DPS
Paladin DPS

Do you see a problem with this group? Because I didn't see it until the first boss died. Every Single one of them was there for the shield. This also marks the first time I see a large amount of doubled classes in a dungeon. I'm betting because they all specifically queued for it.

We blow through stuff, it dies. First boss comes, He dies, no Shield, POOF! I'm the only one left in the instance. I port out before I'm killed by the next wave. I go to see if I can get more people in here, and I'm greeted with a ready and willing RDF to let me queue for anything. I queue up for the specifics, Minus HoR. that was crap.

I turn in the quests I have that lead me to the boat and start picking up the quests. I have about... 15 minutes before the hour is up now, and I figure if the hour hits without a group, I will log. Well, with about 10 minutes to go, I get

H:FoS
Warrior Tank
Paladin Healer
Shadow Priest
Hunter.

Good looking group. No one looks 'undergeared', and I'm hoping that we don't wipe too much. The group isn't mind blowing, but we are killing efficiently, and quickly. we get to Bronjahm, Engage, and drop him rather quickly. Someone loots, and there it is. Staring me right in the Freaking face. Nighttime I need. Everyone else PASSES... Wow. that rocks. I'm super happy. I'm thanking people, I'm just stupid happy. I cant contain myself, and we get to devourer of Souls. We drop him, and the Trinket drops The tank says: "I know that isn't good for you, but need it." I say "but I don't want to take it from the hunter" The hunter laughs, and links me Heroic Death's Choice and Heroic Whispering Fanged Skull. He says I don't need it.

So, I thank them all for being super cool, and helping me get geared. They all say it was a good run, and we leave. I hearth back to Dal, run to org, afraid to see what Berserking is going to run me. 500g? not bad. I'm 10 minutes into the next hour, and on Cloud NINE. While the NeSC isn't a 'great' trinket for me, it will allow me some leeway on needing to get 2 EoT trinkets.
Shoju

Postby Shoju » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:58 pm

Hour 13 @80
I'm still not sure what to do to make gold. The questing is really irritating on a slow mount. I do remember there was a cave of spiders north of K3 that offered Spider Silk as well. I decide to queue for my random and head there to try it out. Queue was a little slower than normal on this, so I went from the front of the cave to the back of the cave and kill everything and skin it. 4 heavy borean leather and 7 Spider Silk I have my Random group pop. Oddly, I was able to kill everything in the cave that was skinnable, and had just turned around to head back and skin on the way back out.

H:HoS
Warrior tank
Paladin Healer
Death Knight
Mage
I hate this place. I don't even want the emblems enough to beg to do the extra two bosses. People fail and die so hard at the rock guy in my battlegroup. It is a quick run. I won the greed rolls on the 2h'd sword and the epic dagger for extra gold. Score!

I drop back into the cave, and everything has respawned. AWESOME. I can now kill a full round on the way back out. I queue for my standard specifics, and head back out. I killed everything again on the way back out. another 4 heavy borean leather, and 6 spider silk this time. While in flight to K3 to sell of the junk, my specific pops. This is looking like a good timer, and a good way to spend my time.

H:PoS
Paladin tank
Priest healer
Warlock
Warrior
This tank is horrid. He doesn't listen. He doesn't watch mana bars. He doesn't listen when the healer says "I need Mana". The tank also isn't geared enough to just go wandering off and drop trash packs sans healer. We wipe on Garfrost, and I mention that I had seen a paladin use Frost Resist aura on this fight. He wont use it. I should drop the totem. Ok. I try. I had to redrop the totem...... 5 times due to movement. I wish he would have just ran the stupid aura.

I win the mail belt on a greed roll from Tyrannus. I'm not going to vendor it, just in case for some reason I need the hit that it gives. I probably wont, but you never know. Everyone in the group drops but the healer, and I say that if he wants, I'm going to be queuing for H:FoS, N:FoS, and N:PoS if he wants to queue with me. He asks why, and I tell him I'm going after specific pieces of gear from each place. He said there was something in H:FoS he was after, and I say we could just queue for that. <30 second queue with a healer.

H:FoS
Druid tank
Priest Healer
Paladin
Warlock

This is a great run. Super fast, and super efficient. Sadly, I don't see another Nighttime, or the mail helm. On the other hand, the Priest did get his neck from Devourer of Souls. He was pretty happy, and thanked me for telling him I was queuing.

I get back and I'm right at the end of the hour. I log.

Hour 14 @80
I decide that I now have enough skins, and furs in my bags (I haven't listed anything in a couple sessions) to head to org. I hearth to dal, run to org, and queue for a random. I get everything situated on the Auction House, and cruise the Ah to see what is available. There are a bunch of the ilvl200 crafted DPS cloak on the AH pretty cheap. I'm torn on buying one. They would be a DPS upgrade over what I'm wearing for sure, but they wouldn't be as good as getting the cloak from Normal Forge of Souls. While I'm debating the Random Dungeon finder pops. I wont be buying right now.

H:Gundrak
Paladin Tank
Tree
Priest
Warrior

This was a frustrating group. Why? Because it was the first time in this experience that I have felt like I was the vastly overgeared person. It was very obvious that these people were new to either 80, or being in their roles. No one died, no one wiped, but there were periods where I was purely autoattacking because the tank's threat was bad. It was a good lesson in learning how bursty a shaman's threat can be. We came REALLY close to getting Less-rabi. As in.... my Wind Shear and his transform finished at almost exactly the same time, and I couldn't get it off in time for the last one. Nothing monumental, just emblems.

I decide that I'm going to spend the rest of the hour in the cave near K3 and see how I can do. I have about 35 minutes left in the hour, and I think I can get an accurate judge of what I have in front of me. When I get to K3, I get the mail icon. I check, and it is a letter from a player. He is telling me that if I have more Spider Silk, I can just send it to him, COD for 3g50s a piece, and he will buy all that I can send. That is about 25s less than what I had listed it for, but without Auction House cuts, that might not be a bad plan. I send a quick reply saying i will be sending a lot, and just to let me know when to stop. I head for the cave and get to work.

In 35 minutes, I was able to skin up 30 pieces of Heavy Borean Leather. On my realm that in itself is about 125 gold. I also got 2 arctic fur, about 45g each, and another 26 Spider Silk. I'm pretty happy. Actually, I'm more than happy. I have found the place that I plan to farm for gold. At least until the player who wants the silk says stop.
Shoju

Postby Shoju » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:45 am

I have more updates to post, and i'm now precipitously close to the 24 hour mark. I have all my notes, and will be posting them shortly. I have a few things that I want to put out there.

dungeons
Earlier in the thread, there was a notion presented that the RDF Might possibly try and sort out participants based on class. In all of my dungeons (including those that I have not yet posted the write ups for) I have encountered exactly 1 Shaman. Even when I queue for specific dungeons. There has only been one other shaman the entire time, and they were a healer.

I have seen multiple paladins a couple of times, but the overwhelming majority of my time in Queue I have seen very little class overlap. I think that this lends some credence to the idea that the Dungeon finder tool might try and be a little smarter about grouping than just tank healer dps. Once I get all of the dungeons that I will do in this finished, and accounted for, I'm going to go back and post my findings about this in a more data driven model, so that we can see it first hand.

I will also say, that my wait times as DPS support the idea that this might be happening. Very rarely have I found that I have a queue timer that extends past 15 minutes for anything. Random, or specific queues included.

gems and enchants
I will say that gemming and enchanting gear at the rate at which I'm playing is probably an impossible task for the truly new. I worked hard to find the best possible way to make gold, and as some have pointed out, used tactics that not every new player might use. I have now gemmed and enchanted all my gear and I'm broke. I made a very hard push for gold in the coming write ups, and I needed every copper of it to get my gems taken care of. Buying Cut gems from the Auction house was out of the question, and often times I found myself wanting to sell my stockpile of enchanting mats, because scrolls could be found cheaper at times during this project. That might have been part of the enchanting war that I have (or will be mentioning) that is playing out in my server's economy.

stats, caps, and gearing
The current system is not very new player friendly. I applaud blizzard for integrating a light bit of Theorycrafting into the UI in cataclysm. I found myself checking my math several times, and looking for what I needed multiple times during gearing, gemming, and enchanting.
Shoju

Postby Kelaan » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:35 am

Shoju wrote:stats, caps, and gearing
The current system is not very new player friendly. I applaud blizzard for integrating a light bit of Theorycrafting into the UI in cataclysm. I found myself checking my math several times, and looking for what I needed multiple times during gearing, gemming, and enchanting.

I apologize if this is horribly off-topic, but can you (or someone else) link me to more info on this? That sounds pretty sweet.
Kelaan

Postby Shoju » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:44 am

Kelaan wrote:
Shoju wrote:stats, caps, and gearing

I apologize if this is horribly off-topic, but can you (or someone else) link me to more info on this? That sounds pretty sweet.

Your wish is my command
Shoju

Postby Shoju » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:29 pm

Another massive wall o updates.

hour 15 @80

Why in the world did it take me so long to find this cave? Back to the cave to skin. Skinning Skinning Skinning. I'm queued up for the specifics. FoS-N/H PoS-N/H and ToC-H. These are the dungeons that have the upgrades I need. I figure that I will run some randoms and run these and pray that I'm able to get everything I need to get into ICC. I get in:

N:POS
Warrior Tank
Paladin Healer
Death Knight
Mage

Nice Smooth run. Nothing major happened. The warrior tank is pretty smart. It takes me a little time to end up not attacking from the front, because I instinctively run through the mob anymore because no one turns anything. He turned them. He turned every pull away from the group.

Nothing drops. I'm stuck wondering if I am ever going to see drops. The only drop from the specifics that I have seen was the cloak that I lost to the healer what seems like an eternity ago. I drop back into the cave and continue skinning. I figure that every other hour I will hop over to the Auction House and get to listing stuff. I'm queued back up as well. It took a little longer than normal on this queue, and I was beginning to think I had forgot to queue when it pops.

N:POS
Warrior Tank
Death Knight

Why don't I have the rest of the group wrote down? Because I try to make the notes while I'm playing. If a group gets moving quickly, I have to wait for downtime to write down members. This tank ran right in, and got to failing.

Problem #1. He pulled both packs of skellies + caster before the healer was in range.
Problem #2. He pulled the left pack of casters at the bottom of the hill somehow
Problem #3. He was wearing FULL PVP gear.

We wipe. I tried to do what I could. I dropped my earth Ele Totem to help tank. I hit my dogs, I hit bloodlust. We cleared out the skellies, then we cleared out the two big casters, but by this time the tank and healer were dead. At this point, I see the DK hit Frost Pres, and is trying to help clear the carnage. I have him come to me, and Maelstrom healing. We get creamed, and the healer drops after we wipe. The tank calls him bad, I ask if he meant to tank in PvP gear, he said PVP GEAR > PVE GEAR for tanking, calls me a newb and drops group.

So, the Death Knight and I get back in the queue, and i go back to sknning. Nothing pops, and the Death Knight says that he has to go. I say good luck, and get back to queuing for everything.

It must have been the time of day, because the hour ticks off before I get another group.

hour 16 @80

I'm still skinning away. I'm making good money. I'm hoping that I can make enough gold to Epic Gem all of my gear. That would go a long way I think to making me seem viable for a raid. I don't know how close to that I will get, but we will see. Get finished with a round of skinning, headed back to K3 to vendor, and I get pulled for group

N:FoS
Paladin
Tree
Mage
Warrior

Good group. Good DPS. Everyone has been there before. Mage was pure frost and was smashing the charts. I was really surprised by the DPS they were putting out in proportion to their gear and Spec. Sadly, STILL NO FREAKING DROPS. I swear if I have to try for ICC with a blue cloak, I'm going to find that paladin healer and not do anything at all.

I get to K3, Vendor Stuff, and decide I want to try just the heroics this time. See if that improves my odds.

Well, as I get about 2/3 of the way back in the cave, I get:

H:FOS
Death Knight
Paladin
Warlock
Boomkin

The paladin healer is largely undergear for this, and has to stop and drink after the large pulls. I feel for them. Those pulls are a real PITA to heal as a paladin anyway, not sure how undergeared would be. We get to James Brown, and he falls over. Hey look! It isn't the helm I was after, but another nighttime works out. We go through, finish off the last boss, and nothing else drops. I'm pretty happy though, I like having matching weapons from an aesthetics standpoint. When the group is done, I hearth to dal because I see we have Wintergrasp. I drop down to org and pick up my mail and head to the auction house. I have 460g sitting in the mail for me. I check for Berserking enchants, and see that the price on things has started to come down as new players are listing to take advantage of an enchanting war still going on. I buy 'zerking for 450g, and get back to dal (being a shaman is such cheating about things like this).

I start looking for a Vault group. I think I can do respectable DPS in one, I just need one to take a chance on me. After a bunch of no's, hell no's, you are now being ignored, I find a guy willing to tell me what about my gear he doesn't like. My totem. My totem is the major problem. Because it is green and ilvl138 it is a giant red flag. I explain that I'm trying to get geared as fast as possible, and it is up for being replaced, I just haven't yet. He says he knows there are probably bigger DPS increases out there, but for PUGing, that is going to have to be the nex piece I replace. I'm a little bummed. I was really hoping that I could get a trinket next. I tell him thanks, and decide to log with 10 minutes left in the hour.

Hour 17@ 80

I really feel like I'm running out of time now. I'm really nervous about things. THe pugs on my realm are not going to let blue items fly. Purple and low ilvl? I can probably swing. But blue? No way. Our PuG community just isn't big enough. So I start out by deciding I'm going to buy the 245 totem. I'm saving the frosties so that I can pick up the cloak or trinket.

I get back to skinning, and queue up. I'm back up to 886g, and I have 300g more on the Auction House in leathers and furs, as well as 60g in silk out to the tailor. Before I'm even past the first room in the tunnel:

Canihazcloaknow?
DK
Paladin
Warrior
Hunter.

The DK tank is bad. he is un an unholy pvp build (thankfully at least using frost presence) and half pvp gear. His threat is terrible. Our Paladin healer is very new and very undergeared. It makes for a rough combination. We double pull the spirits after bronjahm and wipe. Tank leaves. I rez everyone and we try to tank the last one with the hunters crab (named "GEESEE" HAHA) but the healer is just giving up at this point. Everyone drops. I'm still not hazzing cloak now :(

Back to skinning, and I queue back up. almost instantly, I get a Trial of the Crusader queue. Sweet.

N:TOC
WTF? Did I queue for normal? I guess I did. I look to figure out why, and there is an expertise ring in here that I could use. Not bad. I stick it out, and win the Abyssal Rune It isn't huge dps but I will use it in place of the mark of the war prisoner for now. It is about 40DPS better according to Rawr. That works.

Back to skinning. While in ToC all my auctions sold, so I'm pretty happy to be back over 1k gold. I make a note to pick up my gold when I get out of here. As I finish up the run and turn around to double back, I get a group

Paladin
Tree
Hunter
Warrior

We smoked this place. it was a brutal assault on this place. Sitll no cloak drop. Not even for me to lose. It just doesn't drop. AGAIN. I'm really getting tired of not seeing it :( My hour is pretty close to up, so I hearth back to dal, make my leather into heavy leather, and figure when I log in next, I will go AH it, and pick up what I sold.
Shoju

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:40 pm

It's a little surprising to me to hear about the VoA turn-downs. I don't think I've ever encountered a VoA pug on my realm that bothered to check people's gear (sometimes to the detriment of the run).
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby majiben » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:43 pm

One other factor in queue times as a Dps seems to be gear. I posit that the worse your gearscore the faster your queue times as a dps. For my just leveled lock, when I was still in the 3k range, my predicted queue times would be ~20 minutes and I would be getting in within 10 consistently. But once I started to climb into the higher 4k range, I would find myself waiting the full 20 minutes and this is without enchanting which LFD optimizes for when possible.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Chasey » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:32 pm

I think a few really bad things have happened in Wrath, GS and the easy of aquiring gear. All of a sudden, now people want you to have the achievement and a high GS do very simple raids. This week was Razovous on my realm for the weekly and you guessed it.....LFM for (WEEKLY)5kGS min, pst w/GS and achiv.

LOL what, for 10 man naxx? Really 5k GS?
Seemed to me TBC pugs were less picky about gear and only cared if you knew the fight. I say all this due to the fact you having issues getting into VOA. That is shit. VOA is at best a face roll and always has been.

Hang in there and this once again is a fun thread.
Chasey

Postby Barathorn » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:07 am

It will be really interesting to compare notes at the end of your experiance Shoju. I applaud you for doing this as I consider it far harder to be a good DPS gearing up than a passable tank.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Shoju » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:26 am

Barathorn wrote:It will be really interesting to compare notes at the end of your experiance Shoju. I applaud you for doing this as I consider it far harder to be a good DPS gearing up than a passable tank.

Oh I think we are going to have a lot of fun :)
Shoju

Postby Shoju » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:29 am

Hour 18 @80
I'm so happy. Picked up gold, tossed up fur and leather, and it was sold before I had gotten back on Al's taxi in Dal. That was nice. queue for specifics and head back to my new home. You would think that the spiders had realized there was this deranged shaman killing them all at some point. I'm queued up for the specifics. If I don't see progress this hour, I'm going to rethink my strategy. I get a queue when i'm in the room with the snobold camp. Sweet.

n:FOS
Paladin
Tree
Death Knight
Lock.

I'm really starting to see pattersn of groups forming, and I've still only seen one other shaman since I started. I'm wondering if there isn't something to this 'only one class per dungeon' idea. We stomp the place. We ruin this place. Istillcanthazcloaknow :( Back to skinning and Queuing. I am excited in this next round between dungeons, I skin 4 arctic furs. That was some RNG love right there. I get a group, and I'm off again.

N:FOS
Paladin
Priest
Boomkin
Death Knight

First. Whoa. The gear in this group is surprising. Not that it was bad, or misused, just... I didn't think you could get in here with that gear. But, this was probably the most crisp run that I have done in a while. Still no drops. Still nothing cool. I did get a new record for DPS though. I dropped 6300 on Bronjahm. That made me feel REALLY good. Thank everyone for the group, and head back to skinning. Man. I'm going to skin enough to buy some new gear before I see anything. Skin and queue Skin and Queue. I'm thinking. Maybe I should just go back to running randoms, and see if I can make these suboptimal trinkets work, and get enough emblems to get a cloak, and at least 1 ring and a neck. I don't know. I really want to get the +hit trinket. That will take me up to spell hit cap, and let me gem my gear for expertise and AP and I wont need to use any +hit gems. I get a group

Paladin
Tree
Death Knight
Mage

I'm ready to gouge my eyes out. I'm so sick of this place. And then.... I see the gear. The Tree from this run is from the first run I had this hour. Good guy. Good healer. The tank.... he is wearing a smattering of Healer, ret, and prot blues from 77-78. I'm not sure this is going to happen. The Death Knight.... HOLY SHIT THE DEATH KNIGHT IS STILL WEARING THE AXE FROM RING OF BLOOD. YES RING OF BLOOD! Well, we soldier through. The tank's threat is HORRID. Anything more than autoattack and I'm pulling off of him. When we get to devourer of Souls, I'm REALLY worried. The tanks HP is terribly low, and a Phantom Blast + something could be his doom. I'm goign to make a priority to interrupt. Well. Halfway through the fight, I realize... I'm tanking him. I pop dogs. I pop Shamm rage and we get him down. The paladin did 300dps on the fight..... :(

Loot. OMGICANTRYTOHAZCLOAKNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The cloak is there. I need. the Death knight asks if he can have the cloak. I feel bad. But I say, you can need and roll like the rest of us. I win. I have the cloak. THANK GOD! No more FOS on NORMAL! I'm again about 10min short of the hour, so I hop down to Org, get the enchant done, and log.

What a great night.
Shoju

PreviousNext

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes