Thinking about an offspec for my Affliction Warlock

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Thinking about an offspec for my Affliction Warlock

Postby Dianora » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:41 am

This is Hiwatari, my little but deadly Affliction Warlock. She's been to ICC10/25, and are now looking to broaden her talents. I'm going to keep Affliction as main spec, but am thinking about an off spec for fun. In my mage, I started as arcane, and went to fire. My fire mage eventually became my main spec due to how useful it was in Lich King fight.

So what spec do you guys think I should go for for my off spec? Demo or Destro? Mind you, I don't PVP, only PVE.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Re: Thinking about an offspec for my Affliction Warlock

Postby amh » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:39 am

I've got a demo tank-spec (survivibality-issues when progressing on council) that I don't really need any more. Might just try a proper demo-spec.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Shyrtandros » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:38 am

Personally I enjoy playing destro the most and at least in my case i always do the best dps in destro.

However I switched out of affliction and went demo because the spell power buff is EPIC. Putting out like 350-400 or more bonus SP to every caster in the raid is VERY VERY OP.
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby Dianora » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:58 am

Shyrtandros wrote:Personally I enjoy playing destro the most and at least in my case i always do the best dps in destro.

However I switched out of affliction and went demo because the spell power buff is EPIC. Putting out like 350-400 or more bonus SP to every caster in the raid is VERY VERY OP.

If you look at my armory profile, you'll see that I've picked up the cookie cutter demo spec. Still haven't figure out the rotation, since I've been playing affliction since day 1 of this toon (Early June).
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Palmela » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:59 pm

Well I remember you asking questions about your mage a while ago, and now you say your mage is fire. How much do you love demo locks as a fire mage? Not having to keep up scorch and free SP that makes an ele shamans totem a joke, your raid loves demo, I dont raid with my guild due to work schedules and whatnot but I've seen demo locks rape destro locks in the pugs I do join. Gogo demo.
Palmela

Postby Dianora » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:00 pm

Palmela wrote:Well I remember you asking questions about your mage a while ago, and now you say your mage is fire. How much do you love demo locks as a fire mage? Not having to keep up scorch and free SP that makes an ele shamans totem a joke, your raid loves demo, I dont raid with my guild due to work schedules and whatnot but I've seen demo locks rape destro locks in the pugs I do join. Gogo demo.

Well, I was late to my guild's first LK kill due to work. However, by the time I got on, they're short 1 range dps, so they brought my mage with fire spec specifically to deal with the adds in phase 3. I came in #4 on dps due to all of the collateral damage. I love my fire spec mage in that environment.

My current issue is to adopt demo rotation to somewhat match my affl rotation, and the big change being the execute range spell. I'm still working on that.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Dianora » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:32 am

Ok, new question. Hiwatari is now a Affliction/Demonology lock. She's got quit a few pieces of Heroic ICC10 gears. I managed to get her 2 piece Tier 10 (Shoulder/Chest). She has iLevel 264 crafted Leggings of Wolven Death, ICC10 Heroic helm Cowl of Malefic Repose/ gloves Sister's Handshrouds. Which two of those iLevel 264 gears do I downgrade to get the 4 piece Tier 10 bonus?
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Levantine » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:45 pm

I'd say Head and Gloves if you don't mind losing the 17hit. Warlock tier pants are a bit iffy on the itemisation side of things, tbh. Also, it's been a while since I looked at Warlocks, but I'm about 90% sure pulling a point out of Improved Demonic Tactics and finishing off Molten Core is a dps increase.
Levantine

Postby Shyrtandros » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:24 pm

Levantine wrote:I'd say Head and Gloves if you don't mind losing the 17hit. Warlock tier pants are a bit iffy on the itemisation side of things, tbh. Also, it's been a while since I looked at Warlocks, but I'm about 90% sure pulling a point out of Improved Demonic Tactics and finishing off Molten Core is a dps increase.

THIS

Molten core = big deeps

I'd say the head or gloves also.
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby Dianora » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:05 am

Ok, even more gear choice issue. I now have 68 emblem of frost. Should I go ahead and replace the belt now or still plow ahead on the 4 piece t10?
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes