[Resto Shaman-PVE]

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

[Resto Shaman-PVE]

Postby Devistasion » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:42 pm

Hey guys I am back with yet again another alt that I am working on gearing up. What are the best in slot Gems for a resto shaman and what are the best enchants for the gear?

Thanks ahead of time.
Bronzebeard
82 Holy/Ret BE Paladin Devistasion
85 Gnome Destro PVE/Affliction PVP Warlock TÄinted
85 NE Resto/Balance Druid Moonshìne
82 DR BM leveling PVE/ Marksman PVP Hunter Nelix
85 DR Resto/Elemental Shaman Icys
73 Sub/Combat Worgen Rogue Lostinshadow
78 Disc/shadow DR Priest Laforge
70 Arms/Fury Goblin Warrior Nìghtbane
36 Änomoly Frost/Arcane Goblin Mage

DarkSpear
85 Frost/Blood Human DK Devistasion
19 Balance Worgen Druid Sakhamet
I know Altoholics Anonymous is for me...
Devistasion

Re: [Resto Shaman-PVE]

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:02 pm

Anything with haste, basically.

Quick King's Amber for your gem slots (don't bother with socket bonuses unless you're trying to activate your meta).
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Gerunna » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:41 pm

Nikachelle wrote:Anything with haste, basically.

Quick King's Amber for your gem slots (don't bother with socket bonuses unless you're trying to activate your meta).

This. Quick King's Amber is best, and you can use a Reckless Ametrine (spell power / haste) and Energized Eye of Zul (haste / mp5) to activate your Insightful Earthsiege Diamond.

For enchants:

Head - 30 SP / 20 crit from Kirin Tor rep
Shoulder - 24 SP / 15 crit from Hodir, or if you're a scribe get the profession version
Back - 23 haste, or get the tailor or engineer SP enchants if available
Chest - 10 mp5
Wrist - 30 SP or the leatherworking version
Hand - 28 SP or Hyperspeed Accelerators if you're an engineer
Legs - 50 SP / 30 stam
Feet - Tuskarr's Vitality or Nitro Boosts in you're an engineer
Weapon - 63 SP
Shield - 25 int
Rings - 23 SP on each if you're an enchanter

Edit: I almost forgot, the Revitalizing Skyflare Diamond is pretty much equal to the IED meta if you've got a Solace of the Fallen trinket and actually pulls slightly ahead if you've got double Solace.
ImageImage
Gerunna

Postby cerwillis » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:01 pm

While I will agree that haste is best for current tier gear levels, it is possible to stack enough haste that you oom a lot if you don't have a sufficient mana pool. I gemmed Int when I was in heroic/naxx gear and moved to haste around Ulduar and ToC. If you are in entry level gear, it may be something to consider.
Mistawillis - Cerwillis - Turbowillis - Evilan
<Silent Resolve> Durotan/SW:TOR Shii-Cho
Miniwillis <PK> SC
cerwillis
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:18 am

I thought it was "understood" that the +intellect and chance to restore mana on spellcast was kinda crummy at T10 gear level? A meta with a [insert something] and +2% mana is usually more mana overall. And it's not like people REALLY need the mp5 lately.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Gerunna » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:15 am

It really depends on how comfortable you are with your regen. At the ilvl 264 gear level, you're looking at likely having mp5 on just 1 of your set piece items with every other slot itemized with SP/crit/haste. So you end up relying on regen trinkets and external sources for the bulk of your regen. If that's enough for you to get by, then by all means go for the RSD since the extra crit effect will buff your Ancestral Awakening and T10 4pc heals.

Beaming Earthsiege (21 crit + 2% max mana) is really a poor choice for resto shamans. Assuming 30k mana, the 2% mana works out to 6 mp5 from replenishment and 2.4 mp5 from Mana Tide, way behind the bare minimum 50 mp5 you can expect from IED. In terms of crit chance, the BED gives about 0.3% more chance to crit than IED, so admittedly you get more IWS regen from it, but I highly doubt it's 40 mp5 worth of difference.
ImageImage
Gerunna

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes