2s Arena team

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

2s Arena team

Postby smiter » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:19 am

So a guildy of mine and I started a 2s team last night and did pretty well. He came to me asking If I had any interest in teaming up with him and I said yes. He asked me to respec to Beast Mastery and he is an enchancement shaman. Our whole strategy is based on absolutely zerging the other team...Beastial wrath, Heroism, all cooldowns popped etc. We have been having great success. In just a few hours on our first night teamed up together we hit almost 900 arena rating and went 13 or 14 wins to 10 losses (I think).

My question is I am currently using a spider and love how it webs and add a bit more CC to the party. But my partner is saying I should use a cat for even more burst damage. Even though we are doing well I know the teams we are matched against are going to get better (can already tell they are in the last few fights). I am thinking of getting Broken tooth with the crazy attack speed from badlands. Just need to level him up fast I guess. So cat or spider for this strat? please provide input and reasons to why.

We absolutely own against a 2 cloth wearing team. Have destroyed a 2 warrior team. I think the hardest match up we have seen is against a frost mage and shammy. Or rouge and ret pally. Other than that we own them or at least hold our own.
smiter

Re: 2s Arena team

Postby Maat » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:00 pm

smiter wrote:My question is I am currently using a spider and love how it webs and add a bit more CC to the party. But my partner is saying I should use a cat for even more burst damage. Even though we are doing well I know the teams we are matched against are going to get better (can already tell they are in the last few fights). I am thinking of getting Broken tooth with the crazy attack speed from badlands. Just need to level him up fast I guess. So cat or spider for this strat? please provide input and reasons to why.

Ehhhhhh pet attack speeds were normalized ages ago (like, 2007). Wolf is better than cat for just about everything you'd use a ferocity pet for too after the nerf to rake (or was it a buff to howl?)

I don't remember what my BM friend uses, but I remember a corehound (the breath slows cast speeds).
Maat

Postby Gerunna » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:45 am

I think crabs are also supposed to be pretty good for their root.
ImageImage
Gerunna

Postby Shoju » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:50 am

I love my ravager. The knockdown is a real PITA, but then again, I don't arena. I would assume that a crab with Charge + pin would be really good, Core hound would be good against casters, Bats would be good with the silence, but YMMV.
Shoju

Postby Shoju » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:50 am

I love my ravager. The knockdown is a real PITA, but then again, I don't arena. I would assume that a crab with Charge + pin would be really good, Core hound would be good against casters, Bats would be good with the silence, but YMMV.
Shoju

Postby blakk » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:40 am

the highest damaging pet is either a wolf or a devilsaur for BM (i believe the devilsaur has a slight advantage) it all depends on if you're using the web or not. If your enhance buddy is keeping the guy pinned in the open for you to pew pew it may not be needed but if they can sometimes get away the web could be useful. all in how you guys play it out.
blakk

Postby smiter » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:08 am

blakk wrote:the highest damaging pet is either a wolf or a devilsaur for BM (i believe the devilsaur has a slight advantage) it all depends on if you're using the web or not. If your enhance buddy is keeping the guy pinned in the open for you to pew pew it may not be needed but if they can sometimes get away the web could be useful. all in how you guys play it out.

Well I got the cat and leveled it up to 80 last night. I would also like to point out my frustration in how over the place the hunter info is lots of outdated info out there on the web. I did finally realize that they have basically nerfed all special pets like "broken tooth" to the point it is totally not worth wasting your time trying to go out of your way to tame it. I liked how the cat played in some random BG's but we have not rolled it out into the arena yet. My guy is saying the spider is probably better but my partner wants to try the cat so we will see how that goes. All in all i have an 80 gorilla, wolf, spider and cat and maybe I will unlock my last stable slot for a bat or owl or something interesting like that.

thanks
smiter

Postby smiter » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:08 am

blakk wrote:the highest damaging pet is either a wolf or a devilsaur for BM (i believe the devilsaur has a slight advantage) it all depends on if you're using the web or not. If your enhance buddy is keeping the guy pinned in the open for you to pew pew it may not be needed but if they can sometimes get away the web could be useful. all in how you guys play it out.

Well I got the cat and leveled it up to 80 last night. I would also like to point out my frustration in how over the place the hunter info is lots of outdated info out there on the web. I did finally realize that they have basically nerfed all special pets like "broken tooth" to the point it is totally not worth wasting your time trying to go out of your way to tame it. I liked how the cat played in some random BG's but we have not rolled it out into the arena yet. My guy is saying the spider is probably better but my partner wants to try the cat so we will see how that goes. All in all i have an 80 gorilla, wolf, spider and cat and maybe I will unlock my last stable slot for a bat or owl or something interesting like that.

thanks
smiter

Postby Punkss2 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:37 pm

I can't get to the blog I use for hunter PVP, but for arena, I think it was the Chimmera (sp?) and the Corehounds were at the top of the list, with spiders being next. I beleive the web has a 30 yard range, and is not dispellable.
Thinking of starting WOW again....
Punkss2

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes