[DK Soloing] Looking to Solo things on my DK.

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

[DK Soloing] Looking to Solo things on my DK.

Postby Shoju » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:08 am

Well, I have decided I want to start soloing some stuff on my DK. Mainly, I want to start with kara for the enchant patterns, and from there work into soloing some other places for patterns.

Will I need to spec into blood? I know most of what I have seen has been done in blood, but I wasn't sure if that was because it was 'the only way' or 'the best way'.
Shoju

Re: [DK Soloing] Looking to Solo things on my DK.

Postby Hokahey » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:15 am

Shoju wrote:Well, I have decided I want to start soloing some stuff on my DK. Mainly, I want to start with kara for the enchant patterns, and from there work into soloing some other places for patterns.

Will I need to spec into blood? I know most of what I have seen has been done in blood, but I wasn't sure if that was because it was 'the only way' or 'the best way'.

Though I dislike Blood, I have to say it is probably the best for soloing difficult things.
Hokahey

Postby Shoju » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:52 am

Yeah, I had a blood spec in the late 60's early 70's, and I soloed all of Shadowmoon with it. I was afraid that I was going to need to go back to having a blood spec (man I don't like that tree at all)
Shoju

Postby Gracerath » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:24 am

I'd say be blood. Being able to death strike heal for significant amounts, having stuff like rune tap, mark of blood(if you want) and blood worms will make soloing stuff such as old bosses a lot easier. Honestly it depends on your gear and what you are trying to solo. I'm fairly geared out and soloing some stuff as unholy hasn't been too bad but I almost always swap to my blood tank spec when it comes down to it.
Bye space sword!
Gracerath
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:03 am

Dk in question is linked in my sig. my dps gear is t9 stuff with t10 gloves (thanks voa :))

my 2h'er is the 232 axe from H:PoS. I keep hoping I get a nifty 2h'er in my alt runs of ICC, but alas, There is always a main who needs it, or an alt that beats me on the roll.
Shoju

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes