Remove Advertisements

Hunter PVP

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Hunter PVP

Postby smiter » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:09 pm

So last night since our raid was shot due to lack of people I decided to take my hunter and do some random BG's with a few guildies...before going in I researched a pvp hunter spec and respecced into it before we qued up.

I had a blast, I have never done PVP other than Wintergrasp (on my pally, and hunter mostly) I always found it pretty fun but never wanted to get serious about it. That all changed last night.

We have a few people in the guild running on 2s and 3s and one them said he would love me to make a 5s team with him and his gf (currently she is not pvping a lot right now either but is a very skilled rouge).

I have one piece of relentless gear but I think just grinding random BG's whenever I can will be able to get some full on PVP gear very fast. I was very grateful that my guildmate (my warrior co-tank in our ICC runs when I run on my Pally) took me under his wing and explained all the strats and what we needed to do. Before that every few months I would que up a random and have no idea really what to do (unless it was a capture the flag event or Arathi Basin) and felt very stupid even being in there.

So I have a few questions, I am currently running with a marksman oriented pvp build i found online and was getting used to that while playing. Seemed pretty easy though, drop traps, sting, chimera, silence shot, tranq shot kill shot when up and wing-clip/disengage. In terms of gemming once I get pvp gear do I want to gem stam+resilience? What is the resil cap? Any tips on taking out stunlocking cheap roug Bstrds? In eye of the storm I learned fast to flare the narrow bridges and put my traps there after dying to a stealthed rouge a couple of times. But even just running around on my mount in odd areas I would get ambushed by a rouge and there was absolutely nothing I could do about it. Would a pvp trinket help break the stun, disengage and kite the rouge to his death? Should I be going with a survival pvp build instead for burst damage once I start arena play and use the marksman build for BG's?

What I have found online basically says I should take out leather and cloth wearers and leave the plate wearers alone unless I outnumber them as they take too long to kill and I would be better off helping the group by picking off the squishies. I heard that if I see a shadow-priest I should turn tail and run as fast as possible since they are nearly impossible to beat 1v1 by a hunter if the priest is a decent player. warriors can be kited and killed and to make sure you hit them before they are in charge range. Pally's are a long long battle but can be taken down if skillfully handled.

Sorry for long post, but I would appreciate any advice I am very excited to finally get into some serious PVP
smiter

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes