Hunter gear question

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Hunter gear question

Postby smiter » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:43 am

Ok so question on 264 pants...

Last night in 25 I got the "leggings of northern lights" I had been using the Sanctified Ahn'Kahar Blood Hunter's legguards. I think the northern lights pants have a slight edge based on third socket available.

I only have one piece of the blood hunter gear so until I get the second for a 2p set bonus I think the way to go is the northern lights then switch back to sanct once i get my 2nd piece.

Thoughts?
smiter

Re: Hunter gear question

Postby Shoju » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:46 am

Armory would help.
Shoju

Postby smiter » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:50 am

can't link it at work...

but if you want to take a peek kalgoren on Nazjatar
smiter

Postby Shoju » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:54 am

Yeah, I would use those legs (NL) for now.

Though, you need to get rid of some hit rating...... =P
Shoju

Postby smiter » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:05 am

Shoju wrote:Yeah, I would use those legs (NL) for now.

Though, you need to get rid of some hit rating...... =P

Yea I know right! Same thing on my ret pally gear, like everything is loaded with hit...I have hit coming out the wazoo...Finally got expertise soft capped on my ret gear but that required some 264 gear.

Seems like most of the ICC entry level gear has nothing but hit. I def need to get more armor pen on the hunter. I need to start running Forge of Souls for the NES trinket. But I still do pretty decent DPS considering kal is an alt. And I love the change of pace getting to play ranged as opposed to tank/melle dps.
smiter

Postby Shoju » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:19 am

I'm in the exact opposite boat. I can't seem to find Hit gear that will allow me to upgrade my hunter's (in sig) gear. I kind of gave up playing him since we need tanks and healers more, and I have a tank and healer alt to go with my tank/healer main.

Fun times though. I love DPSing on my hunter.
Shoju

Postby Kelaan » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:23 am

All the hunters at TKASomething seem to say basically that the Tier legs are trash compared to Deathwhisper's legs, which are pretty much BIS. Clearly, sometimes you need the hit or you don't, but from an itemization standpoint I hear they're stellar.

edit: As always, your mileage may vary; Use the tool at http//www.femaledwarf.com/ to see which is better for you.
Kelaan

Postby Shoju » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:43 am

Kelaan wrote:All the hunters at TKASomething seem to say basically that the Tier legs are trash compared to Deathwhisper's legs, which are pretty much BIS. Clearly, sometimes you need the hit or you don't, but from an itemization standpoint I hear they're stellar.

edit: As always, your mileage may vary; Use the tool at http//www.femaledwarf.com/ to see which is better for you.

going with the gear that I have, this is the best setup I can get through fem dwarf unless I go Survival, and well.... I don't like Survival. I tried BM, and I tried Surv, and I just don't enjoy the play style.

At this point, I could regem everything ARP, and be at 532arp. It just isn't enough of a DPS increase at this point to invest that much in a rarely played alt. If I ever get him into ICC I might try and work around some of his gear to do more with it, but right now, I'm pulling 4-5 in heroics, which when I play him is all he gets.
Shoju

Postby smiter » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:02 am

I leveled as BM and around level 70ish bought dual spec to dps in randoms as survival. At first I was not a big fan of the SV spec, but now I love it. simple rotation exp shot is awesome CC with freezing arrow will proc lock and load, keep stings active blast exp shot whenever you can and steady shot to fill it it in. I love pvping in WG with him love using kill shot on clothie horde players they don't know what hit them...
smiter

Postby Shyrtandros » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:52 am

Someone beat me to it but I will second the notion

Go to Femaledwarf.com and load your toon and adjust the gear according to your question...

I wish they had a warlock version of it x.x for now I'm stuck loading Simcraft..
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby Shoju » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:44 am

Shoju wrote:

going with the gear that I have, this is the best setup I can get through fem dwarf unless I go Survival, and well.... I don't like Survival. I tried BM, and I tried Surv, and I just don't enjoy the play style.

At this point, I could regem everything ARP, and be at 532arp. It just isn't enough of a DPS increase at this point to invest that much in a rarely played alt. If I ever get him into ICC I might try and work around some of his gear to do more with it, but right now, I'm pulling 4-5 in heroics, which when I play him is all he gets.

Already been there and done that...
Shoju

Postby Korola » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:51 pm

I am in agreement with Shoju here. I can eek out more dps on my hunter alt by regemming everything and switching to MM (according to femaledwarf). While I do not contend the accuracy of this, my hunter is an alt too, he plops 4-5k in heroics, and is rarely used for anything other than that. He can just about one shot mobs for skins, and it isn't worth it to spend all the materials for a minimal increase in dps in a heroic. I can't explain really why I don't like MM, I just don't like it. I could force myself to play MM, but with dual spec I would just switch it back.

I too have drowned in hit, it seems that AP, hit, crit, ArP are really the only filler stats, not having to look for expertise is nice, but leaves you with a ton of unwanted/unnecessary hit.
Korola
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:03 pm

I do enjoy him, and if the guild were ever in a need for a dpser, i would certainly pull him out over my mage, but I just don't see us ever needing more dpsers.

I did sim out my dps with surv in my current gear, and I could get ~250 dps more if I swapped a couple of pieces in and went survival, but I just don't care for the playstyle at all :(
Shoju

Postby Korola » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:17 pm

Shoju wrote:I do enjoy him, and if the guild were ever in a need for a dpser, i would certainly pull him out over my mage, but I just don't see us ever needing more dpsers.

I did sim out my dps with surv in my current gear, and I could get ~250 dps more if I swapped a couple of pieces in and went survival, but I just don't care for the playstyle at all :(

A buddy of mine (hunter is his main) said that he feels like SV is what a caster would do if they shot arrows. It all comes down to preference and playstyle.
Korola
Maintankadonor

Postby smiter » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:55 pm

I was hesitant at first in terms of using SV spec. But, once you get into it, it's a blast if you ask me. Every shot other than steady shot is pretty much and instant shot on the move, great in PVP. Also, when nuking single target bosses with minimal movement required you just need to remember to stay 30+ yards away to benefit from sniper training, and blast the hell out of him. Knowing when to drop a trap for a guaranteed lock and load proc is key too. I love pvping when getting chased by a dumb melee, Drop frost trap, concussion shot then kite him around the frost slick, exp shot, exp shot, exp shot kill shot ftw.
smiter

Next

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes