[PvP Retri] Any helpful tips?

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

[PvP Retri] Any helpful tips?

Postby Taeron » Tue May 25, 2010 9:41 am

With WoW turning into a demo game by replaying ICC over and over again, I decided to break the mold and try PvP again. Arenas even. Just for some extra achievements to satisfy my completionist OCD, but it turns out I need some help.

Are any of you dabbling into PvP with a Retribution specialization that could offer tips and tricks you find useful in your battles? For example, which Seal do I use? I followed the armory of a high ranked retribution paladin to copy the build (somewhat) and glyphs. Thinking I'd be using SoComm, I noticed he's glyphed for Seal of Righteousness. Does that actually end up doing more damage, even though it has no cleave effect if some other enemy ends up being near by?

Who are my main targets? Clothies?
How much resilience is enough to finally start feeling some general improvement in survivability? (Currently at around 600)
I'm using Shadow's Edge since I use that in PvE when I jump from tanking to some dps - would some other ICC25 weapon be a better choice?

Thank you for any help you can offer.
Taeron

Re: [PvP Retri] Any helpful tips?

Postby bldavis » Tue May 25, 2010 10:01 am

are you going for arenas or bg?

and for most one on one fights, SoR will be more useful then SoCleave

if i remember right, this is the set up i used when i had a ret-pvp OS (before i got burned out trying to do a random bg for a win on 2 toons)ret-pvp build

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: [PvP Retri] Any helpful tips?

Postby Taeron » Tue May 25, 2010 1:22 pm

I'm mostly interested in tips for arenas since I find myself struggling with finding a proper routine to go by (stuff like, pop trinket, target healer, BoP your healer...). So far it's pretty chaotic to me, but we'll see once I have a couple of more games under my belt.
Taeron

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes