Remove Advertisements

(PVP) ret/rogue viable?

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

(PVP) ret/rogue viable?

Postby blakk » Fri May 14, 2010 3:42 pm

just wondering if ret/rogue is still a viable pvp comp and if so what the specs might look like and maybe a strategy or two.
blakk

Re: (PVP) ret/rogue viable?

Postby smiter » Fri May 21, 2010 8:34 am

Hmm I don't do PVP really but I could see this working against a lot of teams...rouge stunlocks the healer pally heals rouge and helps kill healer (hammer of Justice on healer, repentence on other enemy) then rouge takes out the other guy and pally heals and assists with dps...
smiter

Postby cds4850 » Fri May 21, 2010 12:17 pm

I would say that it (as well as any other combination of two classes/specs) is viable to 1800.

The thing about rogue + X is that your greatest strength is the ability to line up CC's on a focus target with the rogue getting off one or two saps followed by a blind. This leads into your repentance/HoJ (arcane torrent as well if you're horde). Hopefully, you're getting the picture. If you haven't killed something in this window, you either did not execute CC-chain properly, or you forgot to equip a weapon. I've has the pleasure of running up rogue/ret and rogue/spriest both to 1800, and I can tell you that the ranged DPS is preferable but both are easily doable.
cds4850

Postby Uprisen » Sun May 23, 2010 10:08 pm

ret/rogue games are extremely fast paced. the longer the game goes, the less chance you have of winning

basic strat is sap/repent one and global the other. if he trinkets the sap, put him in a HOJ and go back to facerolling target. if he waits out the sap, then hope for a lucky string of crits and be ready to put him into another HOJ/gouge especially if hes a healer. you're hoping for a quick kill, so make sure you're always on the same target as your teammate
Uprisen

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes