[Ret PvE] gear dilemma

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

[Ret PvE] gear dilemma

Postby Vorianloken » Sun May 02, 2010 3:11 am

Here is my armory

I have leather legs I picked up last week. Just wondering if those leggings are worth breaking my 4pcT9 for. I have 3 pieces of 245 t9 and one 232 t9. I also have almost enough badges to get one of the more expensive tier pieces (251 chest). Would these 2 pieces be worth it?

I can use the ToC10 normal trinket in place of the crappy hit trinket to make up the loss in expertise with a little creative hit gemming so that's not much of an issue.

Just really undecided. With current gear and full raid buffs rawr shows the leather legs as BiS outside of heroic mode loot and the dps jump is about 270+ points.

I am mainspec tank however so dps loot is not easy to come by and VoA has been very uncooperative the whole of 3.3 :(

As an aside for upgrades. I could get the trinket as well since rawr shows it as best in slot outside of hard mode trinkets and a 343+ dps jump. Also bosses beyond first 4 are generally inaccessible for myself in a 25man as none of my pugs seem to have the coordination for fester/rot and I cannot always make the GDKP run unfortunately which is 10/12 as of this week.
Vorianloken - 80 Prot/Ret || Ajeet - 80 Frost Tank/Unholy DPS || Nunnaly - 80 Cat/Tree Druid || Bulveye - 74 Protection Warrior || Sherana - 80 Combat Rogue || Shadallas - 40 Demo Warlock

US-Medivh Power! 7th April 2010 - The day when Dual-Wield Frost Tanking was assassinated. R.I.P my dear friend.
Vorianloken

Re: [Ret PvE] gear dilemma

Postby Shamora » Sun May 02, 2010 9:41 am

If RAWR says that it's an upgrade, then it's an upgrade.
Hearthstone Arena Stats
Server: PVP US Warsong, Horde - <Orbit>
Main: Keondra, Delver of the Vaults, Lvl 90 Assassination Rogue
Shamora

Re: [Ret PvE] gear dilemma

Postby Solare » Sun May 02, 2010 2:45 pm

Shamora wrote:If RAWR says that it's an upgrade, then it's an upgrade.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=50351 Rawr is a handy guide for quick checks, but it's not infallible by any means. Tiny Abomination is one of the best trinkets available for retribution paladins (who have high top-end weapon damage), but Rawr cannot accurately code it's proc rate. This is but one of it's many flaws. But in conducing the primary stats on your gear for optimal efficiency, it does a pretty good job.
Solare

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes