Remove Advertisements

Arena advice for Protribution

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Arena advice for Protribution

Postby Ravel » Sat May 01, 2010 6:40 am

Okay, so right now my teammate and I are trying some arena, doing pretty well, atm we're 26-5.

He's holy paladin, I'm protribution.

Now we dont have alot of problems against most comps, we're pretty good players, but DK/Resto Druid is something we're having problems with. Each time we fight this comp its an INSANELY long fight, we've lost one time, each other time was a draw.

Any advice would be appreciated =D
Ravel

Re: Arena advice for Protribution

Postby blakk » Tue May 18, 2010 3:02 pm

Work your LoS. Get the dk and the druid out of LoS and try to burn one of them. Probably the dk. If your holy is putting beacon on their partner LoS doesn't matter as much for your team.
blakk

Postby econ21 » Thu May 20, 2010 6:01 am

blakk wrote:If your holy is putting beacon on their partner LoS doesn't matter as much for your team.

Does beacon not need line of sight then? I've starting doing 2v2 arena as Holy and was not sure whether it matters who I beacon - myself or the dps. I've seen some recommend beaconing the dps, but have not understood the reasoning. (Is there also a difference in the range of normal heals and beacon heals?)
econ21

Postby blakk » Thu May 20, 2010 6:54 am

Last I checked beacon had a 40
yard range and did not need LoS.
blakk

Postby econ21 » Thu May 20, 2010 9:06 am

A google search suggests beacon of light does need LOS and the 40 yard range is the same as the range of most heals. If that is true, the question of who to beacon is still unclear to me. I gather there is a 0.5 second lag to heals via the beacon and it is more intuitive to me to heal the person taking damage, so I am inclined to put the beacon on the person getting less damage (typically me) and directly heal the dps. Also, I wonder if beacon deals don't benefit from the flash heal HoT interaction with sacred shield? In which case, again it might be best to beacon the one taking least damage as the sacred shield will be on the other player.

Reading some of the google hits did make me wonder about using beacon at all in 2v2 arenas - it is 35% of your mana to cast, can be dispelled and typically the enemy are going 2 to 1 on your team anyway.

edit: apologies for the OP for dragging this off topic.
econ21

Postby Kelaan » Thu May 20, 2010 3:53 pm

econ21 wrote:Does beacon not need line of sight then?

Should be easy to test.

- Have your friend swap gear so they're at half health.
- experiment with whether you need LOS to:
- put Beacon on them (probably)
- get beaconed heals to affect them (maybe not).
Kelaan

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes