Remove Advertisements

DK PVE - Need help with DPS.

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

DK PVE - Need help with DPS.

Postby Silva » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:20 am

Hello folks,

I am looking for some help on analysing some WWS logs, specifically that of a DK - Depidra (Blood DPS). I have a DK, but mine is an alt and not used for raiding. Depidra knows her DPS is lagging far behind where it should be for her gear level and she is getting very flustrated. So I am looking for some help in getting her DPS up to par with her gear. I'd appreciate it if someone who has experience with DK's could tell me what (Depidra) is doing wrong or what she needs to change.

Here is a link to the raid log:

25m ICC http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/q0ssdcjklykb148r/
10m ICC http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/8emf2fteqi2rjelg/

Here is the Armory link also : http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... cn=Depidra

Thanks
Silva

Re: DK PVE - Need help with DPS.

Postby Gamingdevil » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:58 am

I don't know much about blood death knights, but I noticed he's over the expertise cap and way over the hit cap. I don't think hitting the spell hit cap is worth it and even if it were, with talents, he's still way too high.

Dropping some of that hit and replacing it for other stats would be a good start imo.
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Gamingdevil

Postby blakk » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:22 am

she uses obliterate when not specced for the oblit not to consume diseases. use death strike instead.
it doesn't look like she's doing the proper rotation. should be something like IT-PS-HS-HS-DS-dump-DS-HS-HS-HS-HS repeat(w/ Glyph of dark death) or with glyph of disease IT-PS-HS-Pest-DS-dump for the first rune rotation then all that follow should be DS-HS-HS-HS-HS-dump-HS-HS-HS-Pest-DS-dump
last i checked GoDD is outperforming GoD but it's probably a minor thing that can be just swapped for playstyle.
blakk

Postby Gracerath » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:28 pm

She's using a str/stam gem to activate her meta. It also looks like she's only got 1 blue gem in her gear, period. Thus her meta isn't even active. Either she needs another blue gem somewhere or she should use instead the Relentless Earthsiege Diamond and a dragon tear to activate it.

Also she has very little ArP. Blood favors ArP more heavily than all the other DK specs. She's not gemming or enchanting for hit at least so it could be that she has some bad luck with gear and all she can get to drop are the pieces with +hit.

Have her stop using obliterate period and have her look for other gear options with ArP (or any other dps stat really!) on them in place of those items with all that +hit. She'd probably gain a good chunk of dps by swapping out that +hit trinket. Start farming 5 man ToC or FoS for the ArP trinkets there to get her started.
Bye space sword!
Gracerath
Maintankadonor

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes