[Warrior] Tanking weapon (leveling)

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

[Warrior] Tanking weapon (leveling)

Postby Balgorra » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:40 pm

Now that I have hit 60 on my warrior alt and have plenty of stone keeper shards I was going to buy an epic PVP weapon and shield to use for tanking and leveling. My question is should I get the fast sword or one of the slow weapons? I know for paladins slow works better for threat and dps but not sure how it works out for warriors.
Balgorra

Re: [Warrior] Tanking weapon (leveling)

Postby Levantine » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:00 pm

It's a wash for Warriors isn't it? Fast gets more HS but slow has significantly better Devastate.
Levantine

Postby fafhrd » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:52 pm

Last I saw, fast works out better, unless you're low on rage somehow.

Guessing you'll be tanking 5 mans and stuff, for which fast wins on cleave spam easily.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby bldavis » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:10 am

i dont know if this is the best option, but i did Thrash Blade with Fiery on it.

i have very little issues with threat, cept those stinking locks....

ive used it from 15 to 44

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby hoho » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:46 am

So far I've leveled with mostly slow weapons (2.2s+ swing timer) and have done so up to L51 it is atm. Cleaves are slower but hit harder and being talented for max rage conversation I'm still running low and can't quite convert all my attacks to cleaves. As that alt is on a different server I can't blanket it with heirlooms so I'll just use random drops/quest rewards.

Protip: sharpening/weightstones are awesome. At L50 I got some 35dps sword from sunken temple. Slapping dense sharpening stone on it makes pretty nice difference as my tooltip-DPS is somewhere around 100, +8 to it is significant increase making it comparable to weapons I'd get 5-10 levels later. They are also dirt cheap as anyone leveling BS will be producing those in mass and likely won't use any.
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
hoho

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes