BoA Rogue - OMG so powerful.

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Re: BoA Rogue - OMG so powerful.

Postby hoho » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:19 am

Korola wrote:They could patch 1-85 on the gear, could...
Yea but they have specifically said they won't do it.
Korola wrote:Craftable makes me happy.
They were talking about that looooong time ago when they were describing what guild leveling does. Crafted heirlooms was one of the things you could get IIRC
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
hoho

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:12 am

hoho wrote:
Korola wrote:They could patch 1-85 on the gear, could...
Yea but they have specifically said they won't do it.

I don't recall this one. The most recent I've heard on the matter was that they'd most likely keep it 1-80 for a while and decide whether to release new heirlooms or just upgrade the old ones at a later date. It would feel cheesy to have to burn 10+ more bank slots on gear that only works for 5 levels.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby vertinog » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:29 am

I think the bottom line is that they want you to see the new content at least once fully. Something I would think they could start is an upgrade purchase for the newer BOA gear that requires you to have a char at max level and requires a piece of BOA to purchase. Kinda like an exchange of an old piece for a new one that will work from 1 to 85. The only issue I see with this is enchants.
vertinog

Postby Boyfriend » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:50 am

I am quite certain that they will not want you to run wotlk to get new BoA gear (this procludes upgrade only).

I think they will keep current BoA gear the way it is, and at level 85 you can gain new BoA items that are level (1-85) that have identical stats to the current ones from level 1-80 but scale to 85.
Also I think the current items will not award bonus XP past level 79, you will need the new BoA items.
Boyfriend
Maintankadonor

Postby vertinog » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:06 am

Well they could have a vendor where you can trade in the old BOA's for new ones and also a vendor where you can purchase the new ones with whatever emblems are available. I doubt this would be implemented.
vertinog

Postby Korola » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:12 am

Yeah, history is on the side of rewarding people with the items after they reach level cap. Currently cold weather flying and BoA gear say so. I would have to agree with that based on history. That does lead me to wonder how they will handle the 'new' gear and when they will implement it. I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't want to continue with BoA gear to 85 - after a character reaches level cap, as it has been one of their most popular and successful ideas as of late.

vertinog wrote:Well they could have a vendor where you can trade in the old BOA's for new ones and also a vendor where you can purchase the new ones with whatever emblems are available. I doubt this would be implemented.

I agree that they will make people grind out new dungeons or quests for rewards to get another set of gear.
Korola
Maintankadonor

Postby Shyrtandros » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:39 am

IF they make new BoAs to go 1-85 please god make them look better...

I think a majority of them look god awful..
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby Chicken » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:42 am

I don't see them doing trade-ins either (Though they could by restricting the vendor to only 'sell' to level 85 characters like the cold weather flying book), but even without those the items are still going to remain useful for getting from level 1 to level 80, and even with them most likely reducing the experience needed for 70 to 80 and 80 to 85 likely taking as long as 70 to 80 does now that's still most of your time spent leveling. If there'll be heirlooms for new gear slots available those would also be my first 'priority' for purchasing for that reason.

Though I think I'd only be really using heirlooms in Cataclysm, at least initially, for Outland and Northrend when starting a new character. Since they're going to revise most of the level 1-60 content, it'd probably end up working best if you want to see it properly without the experience boost heirlooms give. Sure it'd take a bit longer, but that's not really a chore when the content you're doing is new, unlike now where you've likely been through it all a few times already.

Shyrtandros wrote:IF they make new BoAs to go 1-85 please god make them look better...

I'd personally find it amusing if they used a bit of higher tier gear design for any new heirlooms. They're currently based on items from level 60 5-man dungeons, it'd be neat if the new 'upgraded' ones instead resemble the tier 1 sets from Classic. There'll likely still be 6 different 'sets' of Heirlooms, so you can pretty much pick the better looking of the possible options for the art... So no one would be stuck with the Banana shoulders of Paladin tier 1.
Chicken

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:09 am

Wish they would have at least kept it consistent. Dungeon Set 1 as PvE, Dungeon Set 2 for PvP. Also, actual Holy Paladin armor. The Pristine Lightforge Spaulders are a travesty.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Korola » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:06 am

Shyrtandros wrote:IF they make new BoAs to go 1-85 please god make them look better...

I agree. I know it would be too much to ask (read total nightmare) to have them evolve in look as you progress in level. Would be cool if 70 BoA looked different that 1 BoA. Only time it is nice now is when you are level 1 with shoulders...

Mind you, I'm not complaining about the BoA gear for it's purpose (which is fookin sweet), merely the looks.
Korola
Maintankadonor

Postby Jasari » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:09 am

I think the melee plate gear looks good, definitely better than 90% of the 1-70 gear you can get. Once you're in Northrend there seems to be some decent looking stuff, but it gets old fast since there are only a handful of models used it seems.
Jasari

Postby Kelaan » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:16 am

Jasari wrote:I think the melee plate gear looks good, definitely better than 90% of the 1-70 gear you can get. Once you're in Northrend there seems to be some decent looking stuff, but it gets old fast since there are only a handful of models used it seems.

They do re-use a lot of the plate models, esp the spiked shoulders with varying skins. Fortunately, I happen to really like the way they look. T10 looks better, and some of T8 maybe ... no. I like the spiked plate, sorry. (: I realize it's been overused to hell.
Kelaan

Postby bldavis » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:17 am

i think the only major complaint with BoA gear is you get so sick of looking at the same crap

all i can say is thank god i cant see my weapon on my druid when hes in bear form, i fucking HATE how that boa 2hd mace looks

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Flex » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:46 pm

You people and your lack of respect for the classic loot of WoW.

The only bad thing is that the heirloom dagger was not the Shanker =(
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Korola » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:50 pm

OMG you people?? :shock:

What exactly do you mean by you people?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Korola
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes