Remove Advertisements

BoA Rogue - OMG so powerful.

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Re: BoA Rogue - OMG so powerful.

Postby bldavis » Mon May 24, 2010 9:07 pm

Levantine wrote:Enhance Shaman + Windfury + Mass of McGowan = fucking hilarious.

must try this

now just ahve to get shammy to 40 with that god awful 2hand mace

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Skye1013 » Tue May 25, 2010 2:06 am

bldavis wrote:
Levantine wrote:Enhance Shaman + Windfury + Mass of McGowan = fucking hilarious.

must try this

I have a 29 shaman, so haven't quite had a chance to try this out, but getting eaten in BGs in what appears to be a single swing, isn't fun...
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Levantine » Tue May 25, 2010 3:15 am

bldavis wrote:

must try this

Shit, the axe is probably better for a Shaman than that mace.
Levantine

Postby bldavis » Tue May 25, 2010 9:14 am

Levantine wrote:
bldavis wrote:

must try this

Shit, the axe is probably better for a Shaman than that mace.

ya but my druid cant use the axe..... (and i have NO desire to level another hunter on my main server)

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Levantine » Tue May 25, 2010 9:24 pm

I saw a Hunter with the 2h Heirloom axe once on Aerie Peak. I just about died.
Levantine

Postby bldavis » Tue May 25, 2010 10:31 pm

Levantine wrote:I saw a Hunter with the 2h Heirloom axe once on Aerie Peak. I just about died.

wait

a huntard with this axe? /cry

oh stop it hurts!
lol :lol:

bldavis

Postby Levantine » Tue May 25, 2010 10:41 pm

I really do wish I was joking. Like, I see why people would wear the wrong armour type, since the xp bonus is omghax, but srsly?
Levantine

Postby Kelaan » Wed May 26, 2010 12:42 pm

Levantine wrote:I really do wish I was joking. Like, I see why people would wear the wrong armour type, since the xp bonus is omghax, but srsly?

At low levels (e.g., pre-30), melee skills can do quite a bit. A Raptor Strike from a slow weapon can (could?) benefit well from a slow weapon, because it's a next-hit modifier the way Heroic Strike and Maul are. Sure, hunters don't get AP from strength, but the damage range on the BAR is pretty crazy, and it has lots of stamina (comparatively).

You could do worse than a medium-high-stamina weapon with a damage range which makes one of your potentially-often-used skills hit like a mack truck. In BoA gear, your ranged attacks (especially Multi and other weapon-based ones) hit hard, but Raptor Strike is almost certainly still a potent attack at low levels. This is exacerbated by the fact that BoA-geared hunters will hit so hard that their pets may be less of a tank and more of a mobile DoT, so being able to finish off the last quarter or third of something's health in an emergency is useful.

I agree, though, at first glance it seems pretty retarded. If I were rerolling yet another hunter alt, I'd consider playing with it just to see how it is, though. :D
Kelaan

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Wed May 26, 2010 3:29 pm

He's not joking. I went into the 50-59 WSG bracket on my hunter and the only person able to really do any damage was an Enh Shaman with 2x MoM and that fucker tore through my HP. I'd be dead seconds after he dismounted if I didn't pull out all the stops.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Levantine » Wed May 26, 2010 3:30 pm

I never had anything get even remotely close to me at low levels on my Hunter. Shit died in 3/4 shots, sooooo like, 2/3 gcd's. It's the reason I swapped to my Wolf from a Croc. The AP buff was doing more to help me be a Hunter than a failtank pet was.
Levantine

Postby Korola » Thu May 27, 2010 8:17 am

My little BoA decked out mage loves his spellpower. He also loves it when random people duel him that don't have BoA gear.
Korola
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Thu May 27, 2010 9:44 am

Grehn|Skipjack wrote:

He's not joking. I went into the 50-59 WSG bracket on my hunter and the only person able to really do any damage was an Enh Shaman with 2x MoM and that fucker tore through my HP. I'd be dead seconds after he dismounted if I didn't pull out all the stops.

hmmm might need to get a second one then......

bldavis

Postby Shoju » Thu May 27, 2010 10:53 am

I have a level 70 warrior that I have in full heirlooms and in the late 60's I was specc'd Fury to try out tgrip. I have to say, even using the meh 2h'd sword from SKS's, I was a FORCE to be reckoned with in PVP. The axe is vastly better. It was amazing to run into a Group in AB in full heirlooms and socketable gear and Whirlwind kill a clothy or two and put a dent into others.

Heirlooms are absolutely OP in BG's.
Shoju

Postby Kelaan » Thu May 27, 2010 2:26 pm

Shoju wrote:Heirlooms are absolutely OP in BG's.

What's interesting is, they're often not too far off from what is technically possible to get as a Twink, too... it's just a lot easier. OK, the axe's speed is pretty unique, so weapons are an exception, but the chest/shoulders are usually very close (and sometimes not as well itemized) to what is available other ways. I noticed that while leveling, and I'd see a well itemized set of shoulders, or chest, and pass on them due to no XP bonuses, rather than stats.

The weapons are nice, though. Weapons are so central to any toon's experience that I'd almost call them mandatory.
Kelaan

Postby Korola » Fri May 28, 2010 6:18 am

Kelaan wrote:
Shoju wrote:Heirlooms are absolutely OP in BG's.

What's interesting is, they're often not too far off from what is technically possible to get as a Twink, too... it's just a lot easier. OK, the axe's speed is pretty unique, so weapons are an exception, but the chest/shoulders are usually very close (and sometimes not as well itemized) to what is available other ways. I noticed that while leveling, and I'd see a well itemized set of shoulders, or chest, and pass on them due to no XP bonuses, rather than stats.

The weapons are nice, though. Weapons are so central to any toon's experience that I'd almost call them mandatory.

I also passed/sold/DE'd alot of nice looking shoulders and chest pieces. 3-4 levels they will be lower than heirloom. You do feel like a twink right out of the gate. I commend Blizzard for making things like this, the BoA book for cold weather flying, and double XP. Add in the dungeon finder and it takes the sting and grindy-ness out of leveling. Don't like STV, queue dungeons till Gadgetzan...

I have played other MMO's where they reward you if you can make your ass numb playing the game. Which has never made sense to me because you aren't paying them by the minute.
Korola
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes