BoA Rogue - OMG so powerful.

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

BoA Rogue - OMG so powerful.

Postby Shyrtandros » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:34 pm

Okay! So I did it. I invested alot of spare triumph badges to buy ALL the BOA goodies.

MH Sword, Offhand dagger, Shoulders, Chest, GUN, and 2x trinkets.

I also have all the best enchants on everything

I felt like an honorary hunter until like level 6; I just shot the gun and BOOM 1 shot kill.

I hit level 10 last night and it was just godly. My girlfriend made a druid with all the BOA's and is totally jelous because I just run by the mob and throw 1 Sinister Strike and all the mobs just fall over before she can even touch the mob.

Now I know that this will level out in no time at all..

The twist on this is that back in BC I made a rogue and it was NOTHING like this with all of these BOA's.
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Re: BoA Rogue - OMG so powerful.

Postby Kelaan » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:05 pm

Druid tanking with BoA shoulders, chest, polearm, and 2x trinkets is similarly Flippin' Awesome.

I recently got the fiery proccing quest reward enchant from Badlands, and CANNOT WAIT to use that. It looks like about a 4% damage increase when AOE tanking. :-D

The trouble with rogue BoAs is, weapon choice is very dependent on spec that you choose. I imagine most sane people would choose the thrash blade, and go combat, though.
Kelaan

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:07 pm

Yep, I'm running daggers and for the first 30~ levels I couldn't even use my finishers. Mobs died too fast.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:07 pm

What weapon enchants are you using? I seem to recall Fiery being hilarious for a long time.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:19 pm

I run double 15 agi. For a long time you'll have 30%+ dodge, and after a while it'll taper off to about 20%.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby blakk » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:22 pm

don't listen to gren. he lvl'd subtlety
blakk

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:23 pm

Any advice I give could easily apply to Mut rogues.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby blakk » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:24 pm

it was a joke gren <,<
blakk

Postby hoho » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:11 am

I leveled my hunter similarly though then there was no heirloom chest. Up to around L30-ish all my pet could do is run half-way to mob and back, they died to couple of arrows. After 40 I just had my croc run around picking up a ton of mobs and kill them in masses with volley.
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
hoho

Postby Shyrtandros » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:11 am

Kelaan wrote:Druid tanking with BoA shoulders, chest, polearm, and 2x trinkets is similarly Flippin' Awesome.

I recently got the fiery proccing quest reward enchant from Badlands, and CANNOT WAIT to use that. It looks like about a 4% damage increase when AOE tanking. :-D

The trouble with rogue BoAs is, weapon choice is very dependent on spec that you choose. I imagine most sane people would choose the thrash blade, and go combat, though.

Genious!! I totally forgot that all the Heirloom dps druid stuff is equivalent to tank gear *Drool*
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby Skye1013 » Sun May 23, 2010 6:42 am

Check out my mage (listed in sig), been leveling her through straight up pvp (except for the "0" levels, I hit a couple dungeon runs). It's been pretty insane as a whole, and when I was in SM, the tanks would overpull, nearly causing a wipe, but I ended up with the agg (saving the healer) and kited the groups down :D. It was awesome. 2 more levels and I'll be equipping most of the General's set, and replacing anything that's left with outlands greens.

Btw, in PvP, DKs (OP bastards that they are for the 50-59 range), hunters (it mostly depends on if I can get them 1v1), and shadow priests (stupid critting dots *grumble*) are my biggest troubles.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Invisusira » Sun May 23, 2010 9:36 am

Um you know you can DW that dagger right? It's not unique.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... olderthorn

Nothing survives my ambushes. Horde are never safe in STV.
Invisusira

Postby Jasari » Mon May 24, 2010 6:08 am

This thread could be titled "BoA [ANYTHING] - OMG so powerful".

I've accumulated almost every BoA item available and every class is ridiculous with them at low levels. I have a level 32 full BoA Arms warrior. My crusader enchanted Axe cuts through mobs like a knife through butter.

Fun times!
Jasari

Postby bldavis » Mon May 24, 2010 8:07 am

Jasari wrote:This thread could be titled "BoA [ANYTHING] - OMG so powerful".

I've accumulated almost every BoA item available and every class is ridiculous with them at low levels. I have a level 32 full BoA Arms warrior. My crusader enchanted Axe cuts through mobs like a knife through butter.

Fun times!

i ahve a 46 heirloomed warrior and omg its easy to tank
i just need enough rage to hit TC and shield slam or cleave adn tehy stick to me like glue!

if i ahve new mobs, cleave or shield slam/heroic strike macro work wonders
ive actully had healers /cry after teh first pull, i asked what was wrong, and they said i dont have to do anything!

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Levantine » Mon May 24, 2010 8:27 pm

Enhance Shaman + Windfury + Mass of McGowan = fucking hilarious.
Levantine

Next

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes