Remove Advertisements

[Ret-PVE] Ret BiS List Pre-Raid

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

[Ret-PVE] Ret BiS List Pre-Raid

Postby Malakhai » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:20 am

Now that I've got my mage progressing through ICC, I decided to spend my down time on gearing up my pally alt. I've been trying to find a BiS Pre-Raid list for Ret spec so that I can put together an optimal set before setting foot into ICC. Does anyone know where I can find a list like this? I've managed to find one for holy, but nothing for ret thus far.
Malakhai

Re: [Ret-PVE] Ret BiS List Pre-Raid

Postby Vorianloken » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:59 am

2pc T9 [gloves + legs]

crafted [bracers + chest + belt + ulduar boots]

rings from triumph badges

trinket from triumph/heroism badge

libram from triumph badges

helm + shoulders from triumph badges

neck from conquest badges (higher iLvl found in the icc heroics)

cloak from valor badges (higher iLvl found in the icc heroics)

weapon: get i219 from ToC heroic or the ICC5 normals or i232 from h-pos or h-hor

In short, there really is no best in slot pre-raid list from my PoV. www.retpaladin.com might have one but I really doubt it. Just deck yourself in gear from Triumph badges and the icc5 heroics/normals and you are good to go.

If you have minimum 2pc T9 and a fair bit of 232 gear then yellow gem slots get an inscribed ametrine, red always get a bold cardinal ruby and you should be using only one blue slot with a nightmare tear in it.
Vorianloken - 80 Prot/Ret || Ajeet - 80 Frost Tank/Unholy DPS || Nunnaly - 80 Cat/Tree Druid || Bulveye - 74 Protection Warrior || Sherana - 80 Combat Rogue || Shadallas - 40 Demo Warlock

US-Medivh Power! 7th April 2010 - The day when Dual-Wield Frost Tanking was assassinated. R.I.P my dear friend.
Vorianloken

Postby Kedon » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:59 pm

Can't recall an updated pre-raid gear list anywhere, but the post above summed it up pretty well. Crafted stuff and Triumph badge gear will go a long way.

Have a look at http://www.retlol-the-guide.com/, might be some helpful stuff over there. :>
Kedon

Postby Shoju » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:33 am

Without stepping foot into a raid, your BiS loot list will look something like this

Some substitutions you can make.

If you don't want to drop the cash on the ring, the EoT AGI ring is -25 DPS
If you don't want to craft the belt, the Emblem of Heroism Leather belt (Jorach's Crocolisk Skin Belt) is -37 DPS
If you don't want to use DMC:G, You can use Mirror of Truth (40 emblems of Heroism) -109 DPS
If you don't want to craft the boots, there are the boots from H:HoR which are -41 DPS
If you don't want to / don't have a QD, you can use Tyrannical Beheader for -196DPS

This rawr's out as the BiS-Pre raid gear, with self buffed 4909 DPS. You are hit capped and Expertise capped,
Shoju

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes