Geez! My Ret DPS is bad!

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Re: Geez! My Ret DPS is bad!

Postby Kelaan » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:08 pm

smiter wrote:I have 2p T10 bonus ...

CS>DS>J> and then DS whenever off CD with T10 bonus and exorcism only if Aow is procced and nothing else on cooldown. I forget which takes single target priority CS or DS. I want to say CS. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I believe I recall another Ret DPS Thread here (look for one with lots of posts/pages) which noted that once you have 2x T10, Divine Storm > all (because you can't reset its CD and get another if you haven't already used it).

So:
2x T10 + 2x T9: DS>Judge>CS
2x T10: DS>CS>Judge, but apparently it's relatively close to DS>Judge>CS (esp since many DS's can mean you judge less often, which can lead to mana starvation at times).
Kelaan

Postby Gamingdevil » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:06 am

From EJ:

If you have 2pc T9 equipped your best clash resolution is: Judgement > HoW > CS > DS > Consecrate > Exorcism > Holy Wrath.

If you have 2pc T9 AND 2pc T10 equipped, your best resolution is: Judgement > DS > HoW > CS > Consecrate > Exorcism > Holy Wrath

If you have 4pc T10 equipped, your best clash resolution is: Judgement > DS > CS > HoW > Consecrate > Exorcism > Holy Wrath

Source: http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t68951-retr ... z0mTTcHixo
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Gamingdevil

Postby Boyfriend » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:06 am

You should use rawr to help determine the best priority, it also depends on your haste rating as it changes the gcd on exorcism and consecration.
Boyfriend
Maintankadonor

Postby rodos » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:17 pm

smiter wrote:Ok probably a stupid question but I do not know very much about wireless computer networking. My latency is usually around 200-250ms and my computer is the furthest away from the wireless router in the house, signal strength on windows 7 is listed at generally 4 out of 5 bars sometimes hitting 5. I also have an internet jack in my room, would just using a cable directly into my modem boost performance or would the computer still have to go through the wireless network? I appreciate any advice from the more computer savy out there.

Moving the router probably won't do much if you're getting good signal strength. How many other machines are on the wireless network, and are there a lot of other wireless networks around (e.g. if you live in an apartment block or other crowded urban area)? Changing the wireless channel might help, or switching to a 5 GHz (wireless-n) mode if your router and all computers support it.

Switching to a wired connection is probably going to give you the biggest improvement in latency and reliability. It can't hurt to give it a try anyway, a network cable is pretty cheap.

If it's still bad when you're wired in then it must be your router, or other network settings. Try the latency fix linked here or try Google for other tips.
rodos

Postby Korola » Wed May 05, 2010 7:26 am

I also found that directly wiring my comp made the improvement I needed. I was constantly at 250+ms on the wireless connection. Directly plugged in I run 70-90ms. I have a friend that is moving soon (he keeps reminding me of the date). The only internet that is avaliable to him is Hughes Net. He believes this to be the devil itself. He is consistantly at 1500ms and sometimes at 5000ms. He is thrilled to me at 800ms. He has adapted his game for the lag this presents and does tremendous damage considering his lag.

I did figure out that in order for him to do the damage that he does. He has to start trying to run in before the tank. He knows the timing of my pulls on my pally when I tank is usually pretty aggressive, so I would catch him running in just as I was. I have juked him a couple times just for laughs. He gets to the mobs and he is the only one there. I throw an AS as soon as I see him looking for me, and then get a /w grrrr... :evil:
Korola
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes