Arcane Mage Trinket Choice/ Frost Emblems/Help

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Arcane Mage Trinket Choice/ Frost Emblems/Help

Postby Cronus » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:53 am

I have around 60 frost badges. I have crap trinkets atm and want some guideance from Mage experts if spending my frost badges on a trinket is wise before I buy anything else. I have the wrath cloak atm so not sure getting the frost cloak would benifit me the most...(I know PVP gear sucks for PVE). Also, are the triumph trinkets worth getting?

Talisman of Resurgence [50 Emblems of triumph]
Maghia's Misguided Quill [60 Emblems of frost]

Also, would the trinket you get from triumph badges that has 128(?) hit and on use X amount of haste be worth getting? I think it is intended for melee class but why not for an arcane mage when hast is our bread and butter?

Give me your insight. Im trying to make informed/smart decsions so I will not be another failed mage in your group.

Thanks in advanced!
Cronus

Re: Arcane Mage Trinket Choice/ Frost Emblems/Help

Postby Argali » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:00 pm

You must have some sight problems, since there's clearly a EoT trinket for melee, with attack power.

As an arcane mage, overgearing on hit is a very big problem, so I would not suggest getting the trinket. Trinkets are usually easier to switch around than other slots.

Also, you're never going to get a correct answer unless you provide info on what else you're wearing.
Argali

Postby Cronus » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:09 pm

I am refering to the trinket: Shard of the crystal heart 128hit 512 haste on use

...not sure if that would be worth getting. I know it is a butt load of hit which I dont need...i was just thinkin of the haste part to make that 3 sec AB cast quicker.

I would love to post my armory profile but I am a newb here and not sure how to add it to my signature.

US/Gurubashi/Enferno

Thanks for the fast reply
Cronus

Postby bzzt » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:41 pm

Short of ICC25, good trinket options for arcane:
- Muradin's Spyglass (10 man ICC)
- Reign of the dead (25 ToC - most pugs seem to finish out the instance these days, but you'll have lots of competition)
- Abyssal Rune/Talisman of Resurgence (ToC 5 regular, triumph badges)

There's not much reason to use anything else since those two are so easy to get and relatively strong. There are a couple good options from ulduar, but at least my server doesn't have much for pugs going deep into uld and the upgrade value from AR/ToR isn't generally that huge. Unless you're swimming in frost badges I would just snag a shard of the crystal heart for those times when you're missing a spriest and call it good.
bzzt

Postby Dianora » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:25 pm

bzzt wrote:Short of ICC25, good trinket options for arcane:
- Muradin's Spyglass (10 man ICC)
- Reign of the dead (25 ToC - most pugs seem to finish out the instance these days, but you'll have lots of competition)
- Abyssal Rune/Talisman of Resurgence (ToC 5 regular, triumph badges)

There's not much reason to use anything else since those two are so easy to get and relatively strong. There are a couple good options from ulduar, but at least my server doesn't have much for pugs going deep into uld and the upgrade value from AR/ToR isn't generally that huge. Unless you're swimming in frost badges I would just snag a shard of the crystal heart for those times when you're missing a spriest and call it good.

I simply cannot justify Cyrstal Heart's hit rating. My Draenei Arcane Mage is sitting on 336 hit rating. As Arcane, my need for hit is already low. Adding the racial ability of 1% hit, that's just another 128 hit I don't need.

Now I'm a wee bit hurting for haste rating, but should I sacrifice my Talisman of Resurgence and swap back my Abyssal Rune?
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Palmela » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:38 pm

An armory would help out a lot, but generally the hit trinket from frost emblem blows get the triumph trinket int isnt nearly as worthless as being over the hit cap. Macro the triumph badge to your blow shit up button with AP/IV/MI/Bers if your a troll, even the abyss rune would be stronger than the hit trinket if your capped for arcane. The frost claok isnt too great either has it has crit which is relatively low on the totem pole for gearing arcane. Your best bet is getting 4pc t10, chest shoulders head gloves are the strongest pieces with the crafted legs.
Palmela

Postby hoho » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:30 am

That +hit trinket is HORRIBLE. I'd dare to say there are a few quest reward ones that are more useful. The toc static haste/proc sp one is excellent, I was using it early-ICC before I got spyglass. Nevermelting ice crystal isn't too bad either, 111 static sp and on-use 10% crit that lowers by ~2% on each crit. If you happen to run icc25 then dislodged foreign object is rather OP aswell.
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
hoho

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes