[Holy-PvE] Flash of Light Builds - Proof of Concept

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

[Holy-PvE] Flash of Light Builds - Proof of Concept

Postby Baelor » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:14 am

Anyone out there a Flash of Light paladin? I'm looking for numbers on the following for FoL paladins (Glyph of FoL, Glyph of Seal of Light) in t10 content:
1. Average FoL size
2. FoL crit %
3. FoL cast time with raid buffs and procs up
4. Holy Shock size
5. Holy Shock crit %
6. Sacred Shield damage reduction
7. Spell Power
8. Mana pool size
I am the light that brings the dawn.
Something Wicked this way comes.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Re: [Holy-PvE] Flash of Light Builds - Proof of Concept

Postby Harmacy » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:40 pm

I can't answer these questions, but I can tell you something as someone who raids as a Disc Priest quite often - good luck putting some numbers to your Sacred Shield. Absorb logs are notoriously inaccurate, oftentimes Recount will log me as doing 10-11k absorbs on something like Twin Valks in ToC - I'm awesome, but not that awesome.
Harmacy

Postby Aedh » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:20 am

Some rough numbers

FoL will be hitting for around 5-7k I think, probably more.
Your crit% will be a lot.
You will FoLing at close to if not at the hastecap.

That's about all I got. My Holy set is for HL spam, and holy is just for funsies/torturing my fiancee by making her tank.
Grehn|Skipjack wrote:Whatever happened to Quebec seceding? If they do that, can we invade? America could really use the revenue from exporting syrup and hockey players.
Aedh

Postby sherck » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:15 am

I too would be interested in knowing some of these numbers. I am built towards HL but raided ICC-10 in a PuG last Thursday and our healing setup was two Holy Pallies (me and one that was FoL focused) and a Holy Priest.

We only did the first 5 bosses and I was spanking the FoL Pally in HPS through the first three bosses (although on Gunship I rarely cast HL because it is just not needed) but by the end of 5 bosses, he had surpassed me by just a bit (2900 HPS for me versus 3150 HPS for him).

Of note, however, my in-game GearScore was only 5080ish (2710 WoW Heroes score) while his GS was above 5700 in-game. I only had 2 pieces of 251 or above gear (QS weapon and 264 EoF cloak) while only one piece of his gear was below 245 Item Level with about 1/2 being 264/251.

My gut feeling is that a FoL build is just not powerful enough for tank healing in ICC. We went with a healing setup of having each Pally Beacon a tank and then heal around the raid (except for times like the tanking phase of Marrogar when we cross-healed the tanks). I felt like I had to often hit the other tank with a Holy Light to help keep him up; I have no idea if the other Holy Pally was hitting my tank with heals but I had to keep a pretty constant stream of HL on my healing target so I don't feel like I was getting a ton of help from one of the other healers.

Anyway, I would love to see numbers. I still cast a TON of FoL in ICC even as a Holy Light build and now that I am over 2k Intellect, 35k mana self-buffed, I am looking to start moving some of my stats towards SP and Crit rather than all Haste and Intellect.

Cheers,
Cheers,
sherck

Postby Doogiehowser » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:47 am

Baelor

I have done this build with my pally on my offset and I've logged out in my healset for you to take a look if you'd like.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... bbletruble

I'll try to answer your questions though. Since I don't know your raid makeup, this is only with Kings/Seal of Light and Glyph of FoL/SoL. However, I'm probably only geared for the first four bosses in ICC since I'm pretty much in T9 gear with a weapon from ICC.

Below are my stats based on NO RAID BUFFS except for number 3

1 Average +5000 heals +7-7.5k Crits
2 35.37% crit
3 1 to 1.1 second cast with raid buffs
4 (Haven't looked, sorry)
5 41.37% crit
6 (No clue but I definitely keep it up on the tank)
7 2766 spell power (Missing a second spell power trinket though. Also, this does not include my PvP libram which adds another 375sp to FoL)
8 26,348 mana

As sherck said, these pallies will have a hard time beating out HL pallies, but I've found that I enjoy this healing and I haven't had a problem keeping up tanks. Granted, I don't single heal tanks but these quick, fast, and relatively hard hitting FoLs are nice fillers in between the monstrous heals that HLs provide.

Case in point, we had two Holy Pallies bombing Holy Lights on the tanks on Marrowgar but there seemed to be these huge health swings given the time that the casts were hitting. I stepped in for one of the holy pallies and just spammed the FoL and the swings weren't any where near as big.
Doogiehowser

Postby sherck » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:24 am

What Doogie says seems to be right in line with what I would have expected.

My gear is a bit better as my SP is right at 2800 (Flasked) even in my Holy Light set, with 35k mana and about 30% Crit while Haste soft capped (~ 750ish Haste rating). All are self-buffed numbers.

My FoL are a bit smaller at right around 4.5 - 4.6k healing non-crit (with Doogie's Libram making up most of that amount) and the number 6,666 or 6,667 comes up a TON when I crit (which is a rather noticable number) so my crits are "lagging" his by the right amount.

I think the FoL build works MUCH better in a 25-man raid setup than a 10-man raid. In 25s, you are typically not expected to keep a tank up all by yourself, you are doing it in tandem with some other healers so the FoL build allows you to fill the gaps, do some raid healing and generally have more time to throw out SS and Hand spells and the like.

In 10-man when you focusing on primarily the tanks and tanks only, you need constant throughput that I don't think, IMO, that FoL can deliver.

But, good numbers, Doogie.

Cheers,
sherck

Postby Aanar » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:19 pm

Make sure to pick up the highest pvp libram you can get. The ilvl 232 one can be had for something like 12k honor and adds 375 spell power to FoL. I've heard the next one costs some arena points, but has no rating req, so could be ground out with BGs. I did fine healing ICC10 with a FoL setup until we got to Festurgut. That was ouchies... I switched to a FoL back when I was getting frustrated trying to heal 5 mans with lowist gear and a HL build, which was much much better. If I start raiding again, I'd probably switch to a HL build/gemming.
Aanar

Postby Doogiehowser » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:25 pm

Well, it's official. In my holy gear, I was finally able to heal the first 4 bosses through ICC on 10 man. I'm a little nervous about Festergut but we will see what happens.

I still have some gearing to do since I'm in all T9 232 gear and I'm missing a spell power trinket, but I haven't had mana problems and you also act as half a raid healer since your one second casts give you time to pop a heal or two elsewhere.

I'm still digging it.

PS - Holy Shock hits for about 6300. I can't remember if that's buffed or not but it's a nice heal.
Doogiehowser

Postby blkthunder » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:21 pm

A FoL healer is a raid healer and what can be considered a tank hot via beacon, but they wont keep up a tank solo like a HL spammer can. Ive tried both and i prefer the holy light way of life but the huge loss in spell power keeps you locked into one spell for any real healing. DI is a powerful enough cd and with swapping librams you can get a lil bit of HL spamming if you need to and they'll hit like trucks and crit often but its unsustainable. I think of FoL as a 25m raid slot or if you overgear content.
.............................Do not go gentle into that good night.............................
...........................Rage, rage against the dying of the light...........................
blkthunder

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes