[Shockadin] What exactly is a Shockadin?

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Re: [Shockadin] What exactly is a Shockadin?

Postby Joanadark » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:24 pm

Shockadin actually originated long before wrath. The holy shock/repentance PvP build has nothing to do with it.

True Shockadin spec is dead. It was a spec where you picked up Holy Shock and Sanctity Aura (11 point ret talent, aura that increased holy damage by 10%). You wore the spell DAMAGE PvP set (there were 3 pvp set variations back then, one with +healing, one with +spell damage, and one with strength), double Spell Damage trinkets with USEes for additional spell damage, and basically lined up a one-hit-wonder Holy Shock crit/judgement off the gcd macro that popped all your trinkets, used avenging wrath, and came close to one-shotting someone who you then finished off with hammer of wrath. ideally you did all this while the target was HoJed.
It only was worth anything for that one big surprise hit, and then you had to just healbot yourself for the next 2 minutes until your cooldowns were back up.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby cds4850 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:06 am

Joanadark wrote:You wore the spell DAMAGE PvP set (there were 3 pvp set variations back then, one with +healing, one with +spell damage, and one with strength)...

Long live the Lamellar set.
cds4850

Postby 8bit » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:57 pm

I miss Sanctity Aura (nitpick: it was the 21-point talent, where Sanctified Retribution is now). My biggest problem with the Shockadin build was the bottom of the ret tree being so bloated with bullshit that you effectively wasted at least 12 points getting there. Had they changed Benediction to affect more than retribution spells by that point? I can't remember, and I can only find the talent tree linked on IGN's Wowvault, which was the BC release tree.
8bit

Postby Gorlando » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:17 pm

Adding on to what Brekkie said, you also would stun the target for a crit Judgement of Command.
Gorlando

Previous

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes