Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Otherclassadins Website list

Postby Argali » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:36 pm

Latest update - 12 March 10
Need to go check dead links
Need to put comments on each site
Need to divide general section into a way I like

Right, new list of sites. Hopefully I won't fall off the bandwagon, and let it rot. So here goes.

To avoid bloating this list by listing specific class guides that are on the same website, if a site has lots of guides, I'll just list it in the general section, so please try the links in the general section first. I'll also list a link to guides that are on general websites if it's kinda hard to find, or not obvious.

General
These websites contain multiple class forums and guides

General - Elitist Jerks - WARNING! MAJOR THEORYCRAFT! Covers every class, but some classes have awesome guides, and some (like spriests) don't even have a guide. If you can stomach their draconian rules, this is probably the best site on the web for theorycrafting. EJ also has this weird "Theorycrafting Think Tank" which is where completed guides are supposed to live, but some guides which are clearly done have not been moved there. So check your class forum AND the TTT.
General - Ensidia.com - "Best" guild in the world. Has some good guides but not comprehensive. Forums are worth reading.
Tankspot.com - Primarily focused on tanking. While it started off as a warr tank forum, it's grown to cover nearly every aspect of the game. The project marmot video guides are an awesome resource for boss specific encounters.
General - Wowhead - Wowhead is a database right? Well they also have really good forums with very good guides in the specific class forums.
General - WoW Wiki - Wiki. About wow. 100% accurate, 90% of the time. If you don't know something, look it up here first.
General - Raiding 101 - Has lots of guides. Unfortunately most of them are mediocre. Still, it's worth 5 minutes looking up something you don't know.
Healing - Plus Heal - General healing forum. Has some good guides. Worth lurking around.
Healing - Zustreke's Corner - Has a couple of calculators to calculate mana regen from spirit, the optimal int to sp ratio. Also has a trinket proc uptime calculator.
General - MMO Champion Raid Composition - Tool for raid leaders to see what buffs and debuffs their particular raid set up has. Very good.
Melee - BigHitBox
PvP - Arena Junkies

Class Websites

Warrior
Prot - Tankingtips.com - Prot warr blog. Very good info for warrs. And there's always good tips for general tanking as well.
Fury - Tankspot forum guide - Fury warrior guide, "hidden" in the TS forum.

Paladin
Holy - WoWHead's Holy Paladin Guide for 3.3 - Very well written IMO
Holy - Holypaladin.net - Blog, but if you look closely, there's links to some very,very,very nice guides.
Ret - Retpaladin.com - Good some decent info, but it's not as well written as I'd like (say compared to the EJ guide). Has a forum for you to lurk on.
Ret - Paladin.Battlefield.fi Ret. Better than the other site IMO, and has a nicer forum.

Priest
Disc - DiscPriest.com - Forum. Seems ok for disc specific stuff, but overall it looked mediocre.
Shadow - ShadowPriest.com - Active forum with the best spriest guide I've found so far.

Warlock:
General - Warlock's Den - Forum, and a good one too.

Mage
General - magerage.com - Forum. Looks decent enough.

Shaman
General - Official US Forums - ZOMG! There's actually some decent guides!
Elemental - Wowhead 3.3 Ele Pve - Elemental Shaman PVE guide, 3.3.

Hunter
General - TKAsomething.net - News front page with hunter related stuff. Some good articles/guides, and has a forum too!
Hunter's Self Governing Sticky Project
Hunting Lodge
Pets - Petopia - Pretty awesome pet database. Covers everyting you need to know about pets.

Rogue
General - Shadowpanther.net - Rogue item database with stat weights, locations, guides, spreadsheets, macros, your one stop shop for being a rogue!

Deathknight
General - Deathknight.info - Whoa! Good site!
PlagueChill

Druid:
General - Druid Wiki - A bit rough IMO, but I've been told that the calculators for the Cat DPS, and Bear TTL, is pretty good, and it does have good stuff on it. Check it out.
General - Druid's Grove - Druid related forum. Not much else.
Feral - WoW ThinkTank - Blog, focused mainly on bears and cats, but there's some general theory too. Owner has quit the game, but info should still be relevant through 3.3
Fera; - Darksend's Blog - Blog of one of the guys that makes the strat videos on Tankspot. Thankfully you don't have to hear his voice.
Resto - Restokin.com - Blog, looked good.
Balance - Moonkin Repository - Balance druid forum. *Appears* active.
Last edited by Argali on Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:40 am, edited 29 times in total.
Argali

Re: Otherclassadins Website list

Postby Baelor » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:20 am

Argali wrote:Right, new list of sites. Hopefully I won't fall off the bandwagon, and let it rot. So here goes.

That's what I'm worried about, and why I haven't stickied it yet.
I am the light that brings the dawn.
Something Wicked this way comes.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Postby Mathalor » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:43 am

magerage.com

Kind of a new site, several guides up though, and has some forums. Just for mages, so far.
Mathalor

Postby Argali » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:06 am

Still lacking shaman specific sites, QQ.
Argali

Postby Jedah » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:25 pm

WTB DPS warrior theorycraft other than Landsoul's spreadsheet that I can't use (Microsoft Excel only, doesn't work with OpenOffice or anything else) and the 100 pages of generally useless knowledge on EJ.
Jedah

Postby Argali » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:46 pm

Added 1 link for dr00ds. Will search for warr dps sites.
Argali

Postby Dakiros » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:57 am

http://criticalqq.wordpress.com/
http://clearcasting.wordpress.com/

Couple decent mage blogs there, probably more for entertainment than for theorycrafting though.
Dakiros

Postby Argali » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:18 pm

Jedah wrote:WTB DPS warrior theorycraft other than Landsoul's spreadsheet that I can't use (Microsoft Excel only, doesn't work with OpenOffice or anything else) and the 100 pages of generally useless knowledge on EJ.

The current fury warr in my guild says read pages 80 onwards on EJ for furying it up.
Argali

Postby Airforcedude08 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:18 pm

Have the creaters and moderaters ever thought of making other forums on this site completely dedicated to other classes? Like having seperate small sections for each class? I love this site and would be even more involved if it included theorycrafting and such of other classes. (Like Druids.... :D)

I understand it's main job is for paladins, I was just curious is all
Human female: "Why does everyone automatically assume I know tailoring and cooking?"

Me: Because a woman's place is in the kitchen. Now make me a samich!
Airforcedude08

Postby Gorlando » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:21 pm

If you need another Drood blog, http://www.restokin.com is pretty good. It is geared more towards Resto than Balance, but it also has a good leveling guide.
Gorlando

Postby Argali » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:18 pm

Added. QQ about going through forums you have 0% interest in to see if a site is good or bad.
Argali

Postby Halkale » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:41 pm

The author of teethandclaws.blogspot isn't playing WOW anymore. Not sure how good the info is there.
Halkale

Postby Argali » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:38 am

Xmas, new year gone, time to get some updates done ^^.

I'm resorted to asking in the shaman eu forums for shaman links. How the hell do shamans l2p?
Argali

Postby Hightin-Uldaman » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:11 pm

Best Fury guide Ive seen: http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f177/577 ... guide.html

For shammies it was really dificult for me to figure out whats what as far as gemming goes. The wow forums have some stuff on them and EJ has a couple things. I think the biggest help on Enhancement was from Levva and EnhSim though I cant seem to find a link right now.

The post below on enhancement I have a couple issues with (mostly because its a little out of date) but its not all bad right now.
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 2059&sid=1
Hightin-Uldaman

Postby Punkss2 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:12 pm

There is an Ehancement guide on the wowhead shaman class forums I used to level my shaman. Can't link it from work, but will try to from home later tonight.

Edit: This is the guide on wowhead: http://www.wowhead.com/?forums&topic=94480
Thinking of starting WOW again....
Punkss2

Next

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes