[Druid dps] what type of enchants

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

[Druid dps] what type of enchants

Postby heavenlysoul » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:52 pm

I've just started leveling a druid alt thats going feral dps and know very little about them. I've read that any weapon enchants that has a proc ability doesn't work, but seen alot have berserker on the weapons. Do the enchants acually proc? What would I use for armor, agility or +all stats? And the last question is it worth getting the heirloom 2 handed mace, I already have the shoulders?
heavenlysoul

Re: [Druid dps] what type of enchants

Postby amh » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:57 am

I think most weapon-enchants can proc in bear/cat-form now, so go with berserking (although you'll have to settle for Crusader on your BoA-weapon).

The +10 stats gem is awesome for cats, since they benefit so greatly both from agility and strength. You generally don't bother gemming for ArPen until you get Mjolnir's (gear / gem for softcap, hard-capped on proc), but it's worth picking it up on gear.

If you got the badgers to spare, getting the BoA mace is a great deal. The weapons you can pick up while leveling really aren't impressive at all until you hit Outland. My baby druid is level 43ish, with a BoA dagger(+15 agi) I originally bought for my hunter. Nothing looks weirder than a cat with a dagger and a book (inscription). That's what happens when you run out of badgers :/
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby heavenlysoul » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:04 pm

Thanks for response, thats exactly what I needed to know. Just picked up the crusader enchant to. Is there a good site to go to to learn the rotations?
heavenlysoul

Postby Levantine » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:38 pm

Cat DPS has no rotation, instead they focus on a priority (like 99% of dps these days >_>)

1) Keep Savage Roar active
2) Keep Mangle active (if no manglebot)
3) Keep Rip active
4) Keep Rake active
5) Ferocious Bite iff you have spare time/combopoints/energy
6) Shred is your Combo Point generator.
Levantine

Postby Doogiehowser » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:48 am

Bad Kitty is a great addon to look into as well. It tells your time left on Mangle/Rip/Rake/Savage Roar/Tigers Fury and your combo points.

Works for bear tanking as well which is nice.

As previously said, there is no rotation. Also, stuff dies very quickly in heroics. You'll begin to learn when a Ferocious Bite is better than a Rip or how often you can pop Tiger's Fury and Savage Roar on trash so that you aren't waiting for those cool downs when you get to the boss.

It's very much a fluid process. It takes lots of practice to get it right and I know I sure don't have it right either. Every fight is a little different so you can sit back and spam a couple of buttons.

Good luck. It's very rewarding when done right but it can lead to long term headaches. Haha.
Doogiehowser

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes