[Ret-PvE] AP vs. Haste

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

[Ret-PvE] AP vs. Haste

Postby Palmela » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:40 pm

So I'm at a point in my gearing where I have 15% haste or a 2.86 swing with a 3.4 weapon, Worldcarver, also trying not to go too far above hit cap. The part I'm struggling with is changing my neck and losing 7 Str and 36 haste for my hit neck or enchanting hit my gloves, other option is hit neck with 44 AP to gloves. Which becomes the greater loss in overall dps? I plugged it into rawr but rawr doesnt look as if it shows haste as being as valuable as it is.

Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Faildin

Hit neck the is conquest badge one.

Thanks
Palmela

Re: [Ret-PvE] AP vs. Haste

Postby Magnusharkov » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:43 am

I'm betting rawr is correct in it's assessment of haste, it's a very average stat.
Magnusharkov

Postby Ano » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:18 am

Haste decreases the initial cast time of your spells, as well as the amount of time it takes to swing with your weapon. Every 25.21 points of Haste Rating will increase your Haste by 1%- Note that it is not directly proportional to the cast time or swing time of your spells or weapons- That is, if you cast a spell with a 3 second cast while having 33% Haste, the total cast time will NOT be equal to 2 seconds. As most of a Ret Paladin’s spells are Instant-cast, Haste only generally affects the swing time of your weapon (and ultimately, the number of hits from your Seal spells).

Stolen from
http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=83715.0

So looks like haste has a meaningful impact on white hits(and seal procs from white hits) and exorcism.

Which account for <30% of our DPS.... while all of our attacks scale up with added AP...

/Quick and Dirty

TL;DR - Haste sucks and only improves a couple of our abilities... Sure crap tons of haste is > tiny amounts of AP. But odds are AP will win out when the changes are minor.
Ano

Postby kanst » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:34 am

Haste is pretty crappy as it is. It is down there with Arp as far as relative value.
kanst

Postby Shoju » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:29 am

If I understand this right, you are looking at changing necks from what you have to the emblem of conquest neck?

Here is what Rawr is telling me you should do:

Enchant 44 AP and suck it up that you will be 8 hit rating under cap. It's a 32 DPS increase based on the math I have in rawr to go to 255 hit rating and just enchant the gloves for AP.

Haste is a 'meh' stat, only underperformed by Armor Pen.
Shoju

Postby Joanadark » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:26 pm

fun fact, ACpen is slightly better for me than haste at my raid buffed AP and crit level. Changing from SoB to SoV reduced the value of haste.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Shoju » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:07 am

Joanadark wrote:fun fact, ACpen is slightly better for me than haste at my raid buffed AP and crit level. Changing from SoB to SoV reduced the value of haste.

Really? I didn't think that ever happened.... I will have to check my numbers again. I'm not a 25 man raider, but I'm...... adequately geared for the content that I do.
Shoju

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes