Remove Advertisements

{Ret - PVE] Ret talented, healer gear and heroics

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

{Ret - PVE] Ret talented, healer gear and heroics

Postby Rom » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:52 pm

Long story short, server is now short on healers for pug daily heroic badges. I am dual talented prot/ret, but have my old healadin gear in the bank. Which heroics can I heal provided the puggers are average? I will avoid the grand melee types and the AoE instances (h-ToC and h-HoL come to mind as probably being too heal intensive without spec'ing into holy).

Ret talented, wearing my healer gear, I am 19,600 mana and +2,088 spell damage. I was figuring sacred shield + flash of light spam + sheath of light should keep tank up.
Rom

Re: {Ret - PVE] Ret talented, healer gear and heroics

Postby skolor » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:41 am

From what I hear fro my healer ("PULL MOAR! BORED!"), everything but HoS and OK you should be fine healing. With a moderately good tank it should be fairly easy to faceroll most fights. Lately we've been making a game of it, I'll see how many trash packs I can pull without getting a heal (Record is 3), or she'll try to chase DPS with me (One UK run she pulled a little over 1k dps).

Also, make sure you know the fights. I know it sounds stupid, but its been 8 months since I last really ran heroics, and I've forgotten huge amounts of the fights. Sure, we can do most of them by just stomping the bosses/trash, but it would be a good idea to know the fights if you're thinking it may be a problem.
My blog of my experiences leveling a tankadin.
skolor

Postby Shoju » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:46 am

Before Dual Spec, I had healed EVERY heroic available in Holy gear + ret Spec.

I would imaging that Double hots from a Crit Flash of Light would be awesome.
Shoju

Postby andx » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:11 am

Shoju wrote:Before Dual Spec, I had healed EVERY heroic available in Holy gear + ret Spec.

I would imaging that Double hots from a Crit Flash of Light would be awesome.

Nowadays, When i am asked to heal i do so in my ret spec, honestly i like it a lot more than my holy spec. My healing gear is Spell power stacked so my FoLs hit for nearly 8k, i have 2350ish spell power and a good amount of crit with almost 22k mana. I heal ulduar 10 with this set up when needed but yeah its nice when i crit 11k on a FoL and it ticks on the shield and on the sheath. After cataclysm comes out my healing builld will be a deep ret to get sheath and then as much holy as i can manage. It feels more active to me. Also i never run low on mana cuz i'm usually in the fight with SoW on beating the boss in between heals
Maybe I just have a disease or an addiction to tanking, my gf says I'm a masochist I say I like it rough, either way I'm a tank and I can't escape it.
andx

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes