Remove Advertisements

[BM Hunter] Macro to Change Targets?

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

[BM Hunter] Macro to Change Targets?

Postby Kiorken » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:22 am

Hello, I started another thread concerning which was better endgame: Surv or MM, and was well informed of how the mechanics of both worked.

After learning that leveling as a raid build is not efficient, and that trying to level as MM pulled much agro, I decided to dualspec when I get home, and make BM Tank spec my off.

I have noticed that some hunters can send a pet, attack, switch to the next target, attack, switch, attack, and so on and so forth, in a chain, and then volley/multishot.

Question is, how could I set up a macro to automatically switch targets that the pet is NOT targetting, and just chain pull, without actually having to target each enemy individually?

I kinda thought maybe there was a /targetnexttarget function, or something along those lines, but I'm not sure. I know of the command /petattack, because I have that tied to a /startattack, /cast hunter's mark macro.
Something like:
/targetnexttarget (does this exist?)
/petattack

Any help would be appreciated.

Playing very casually....for now.
Kiorken

Re: [BM Hunter] Macro to Change Targets?

Postby Asoka » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:56 am

get yourself a monkey, they have a nice aoe attack thats pretty reliable
Asoka

Postby uke » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:05 am

Asoka wrote:get yourself a monkey, they have a nice aoe attack thats pretty reliable

FYI all tenacity pets get thunderstomp as of patch 3.1. So any tenacity pet will do.

I have a bear for the swipe+thunderstomp. But that's me.
Pally's been relegated to AH duties.

RAWR'ing it up as a bear now, with a side of boomkin.
uke

Postby fafhrd » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:32 am

Kiorken wrote:I kinda thought maybe there was a /targetnexttarget function, or something along those lines, but I'm not sure. I know of the command /petattack, because I have that tied to a /startattack, /cast hunter's mark macro.
Something like:
/targetnexttarget (does this exist?)
/petattack

Any help would be appreciated.

personally i'd just hit tab and then f1 (pet attack) instead of making a macro to save one keypress.

i think there is a /command for targetting next target, but not sure. tab works well enough to not need one.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes