Seal of Corruption question.

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Seal of Corruption question.

Postby Niia » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:55 pm

ok. the tooltip reads:

"Fills the Paladin with holy power, causing attacks to apply Blood Corruption, which deals additional Holy damage over 15 sec. Once stacked to 5 times, each of the Paladins attacks also deals 33% weapon damage as additional Holy damage. Blood Corruption can stack up to 5 times. Only one Seal can be active on the Paladin at any one time. Lasts 30 min.

Unleashing this Seal's energy will deal Holy damage to an enemy, increased by 10% for each application of Blood Corruption on the target."

Now, the question is..does the increased dmg given PER STACK only apply to the stacks that I have applied, so a max of 5? or does it count any that are on the target.

I just did a quick check on a target dummy and with a second paladin keeping 5 stacks on the dummy, i did about 600 more dmg per judgement, averaged out over 50 judgements, can anyone shed some light on this please?
Niia

Re: Seal of Corruption question.

Postby andx » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:59 pm

Yes it is ones that have applied i believe
Maybe I just have a disease or an addiction to tanking, my gf says I'm a masochist I say I like it rough, either way I'm a tank and I can't escape it.
andx

Postby Niia » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:29 pm

Niia wrote:ok. the tooltip reads:

"Fills the Paladin with holy power, causing attacks to apply Blood Corruption, which deals additional Holy damage over 15 sec. Once stacked to 5 times, each of the Paladins attacks also deals 33% weapon damage as additional Holy damage. Blood Corruption can stack up to 5 times. Only one Seal can be active on the Paladin at any one time. Lasts 30 min.

Unleashing this Seal's energy will deal Holy damage to an enemy, increased by 10% for each application of Blood Corruption on the target."

Now, the question is..does the increased dmg given PER STACK only apply to the stacks that I have applied, so a max of 5? or does it count any that are on the target.

I just did a quick check on a target dummy and with a second paladin keeping 5 stacks on the dummy, i did about 600 more dmg per judgement, averaged out over 50 judgements, can anyone shed some light on this please?

I must have gotten lucky with crits..ran it out over 100 judgements and the difference between 5 stacks and 10 stacks is less than 10..78 on my tests. I guess it does only count yours. thank you :)
Niia

Postby lusisia » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:36 pm

Niia wrote:
Niia wrote:ok. the tooltip reads:

I must have gotten lucky with crits..ran it out over 100 judgements and the difference between 5 stacks and 10 stacks is less than 10..78 on my tests. I guess it does only count yours. thank you :)

My understanding and experience on how it works it this:
Any existing stacks count UNTIL you get your own stack up there. So if you're running with a prot pally who will probably have 2-3 stacks up before you get 1 up, you'll benefit from his stacks but the first time YOU apply a stack (i.e. 1), it starts using yours.

This makes the synergy between ret and prot amazing on AoE packs because your Divine Storm will proc the 5 stacks on the ancillary targets. It also pretty much negates most of the ramp up time on single targets because, with the pull, by the time you hit your first melee swing your judgement running in, first CS and first DS will be using the prot stacks. Any fight where you risk having your stack fall off, having a prot paladin as the tank is epic.
"then somehow people manage not to see the forty fucking foot tall of fucking fiery flames of fucking doom ... and we wipe." - Isolfr
"It turns out that a large number of people are whiny motherfuckers ..." - PsiVen
lusisia
Maintankadonor

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes