[Druid - Tank] Emblem of Conquest Purchase Question

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

[Druid - Tank] Emblem of Conquest Purchase Question

Postby Doogiehowser » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:31 am

I've saved up enough EoCs to purchase either the tanking neck piece or the tanking idol for my feral druid.

Here's my character:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... awsneffect

(I know I have lots of items to switch out and enchants to do but I'm slowly chipping away. Saved up enough for my Greatness deck so that will be a huge help for both my dps and tanking set.)

EoC Items
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45509
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45821

I'm leaning towards the tanking idol as it seems that uptime is quite close to 100% and it would be a very strong improvement over my current idol. Rawr is showing my dps neckpiece to be "decent" for tanking but I know it's not great.

Any smart bears out there that have a strong opinion? Also, if anyone has any suggestions or tips, I'd be most appreciative for any help you can offer. Thanks in advance.
Doogiehowser

Re: [Druid - Tank] Emblem of Conquest Purchase Question

Postby semp » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:01 am

the idol. its that good.
semp

Postby Doogiehowser » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:16 pm

I purchased it last night. It felt right. Thanks for the confirmation though.
Doogiehowser

Postby semp » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:38 am

From a tanking standpoint it is the best in slot. ~150 AGI (not counting talents+kings) on a near 100% uptime is a great boost to threat, armor, dodge, crit for savage defence uptime. The triumph ring is BiS and was the first item i purchased as it replaced the Heroic DTK ring (die in a firey pit FL for not dropping th ring in 2+ months).
semp

Postby Doogiehowser » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:34 pm

I have been staring at that Clutch of Fortification since the notes have been released. I'm going for that one as my first Triumph purchase. I still have crappy gear but it's slowly coming together. Unless of course I still don't have a head piece with a meta slot then I might save up for the head piece.

I think my next Conquest purchase is going to be the belt. http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45829 That screams bear to me, especially since I'd be picking up some hit, an increase in expertise, and well. . . everything else compared to the Trollwoven Girdle.

The great thing is that it can serve as my belt in my dps set too.

Semp, how is your character glyphed?

The reason I ask is because I tend to run with overzealous dps that pull aggro off of me and I'm trying to figure out if I should keep Glyph of Growl or pick up Glyph of Maul instead.

Mind you I never have problems with bosses and my threat (although I've only done heroics and some Naxx and I won't be seeing Ulduar), but sometimes regardless of what I do, I find myself losing a mob and having them NOMNOMNOM on my AoE dpsers at least once or twice a run.

My others are Frenzied Regen and Survival Instincts.

I'm not used to this when I tanked on my pally. I'd tell them to open up right away and we'd have an AoE party.
Doogiehowser

Postby semp » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:25 am

Maul is going going to really benfit you in aoe/trash situations. I still use it as im hit capped in my tanking set. Tab mauk/swipe, tab maul/swipe is decent for trash packs. SI and FR are the other two tank glyphs.
semp

Postby Roots » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:16 pm

Glyphs are so easy to pick up for cheap that I keep a stack of Growling and Maul on me, and only switch to growling when a missed taunt could/would lead to a wipe (steel hard, thorim)
Roots

Postby Ills » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:03 pm

I personally think you should have gone for the Sailor Moon hat. :D

The Glyph of Maul rocks. It's a great help, and when you have mangle and a bleed up on mobs, your mauls start critting for 5k+ (and of course you have maul macro'd to every move, right?), and it accounts for a lot of t/dps.
Every fight is like Sartura, only without the screaming and the dying.
Ills

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes