[Ret-PvE] Engineering is Epic Win

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Re: [Ret-PvE] Engineering is Epic Win

Postby andx » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:44 am

Kraziness wrote:Does anyone get the feeling when Cataclysm comes out Engineering is going to get a big boost of new cool toys/tinkers. Adding goblins to game just may make engineering more profitable perhaps?

I am hoping for a guild airship
Maybe I just have a disease or an addiction to tanking, my gf says I'm a masochist I say I like it rough, either way I'm a tank and I can't escape it.
andx

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:47 am

I am hoping for Voltron. The Lion one. Not the crappy vehicle one.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby andx » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:50 am

Grehn|Skipjack wrote:I am hoping for Voltron. The Lion one. Not the crappy vehicle one.

That would be amazing, using 5 voltrons in a 25 man.... daydream ensues
Maybe I just have a disease or an addiction to tanking, my gf says I'm a masochist I say I like it rough, either way I'm a tank and I can't escape it.
andx

Postby Passionario » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:44 am

Kraziness wrote:Does anyone get the feeling when Cataclysm comes out Engineering is going to get a big boost of new cool toys/tinkers. Adding goblins to game just may make engineering more profitable perhaps?

I expect that all Engineering items will get a "Can't be used in rated battlegrounds" tag. :(
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Baelor » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:01 am

Passionario wrote:

I expect that all Engineering items will get a "Can't be used in rated battlegrounds" tag. :(

I will cry.
I am the light that brings the dawn.
Something Wicked this way comes.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Postby fafhrd » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:20 am

Baelor wrote:I love my rocket boots.

^ this, so much this :D They were great even before the duration was extended this patch. When we get to him, I'm pretty sure our first hardmode anub kill will be when all 3 engineers in the raid get chased.

although rocket boots + parachute + disengage is even more win. if ever there were things you'd want to watch replays of in wow, people using rocket boots would be them.

i rather like the glove tinkers now too, although it's annoying that people with normal glove and enchants look like they have better stats than you because they have no passive stats. The accelerators are rather bad for me, and also get wasted if you fire them on the move, but the rockets are great, especially with a longer range than everything except talented kill shot.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Baelor » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:25 am

fafhrd wrote:although rocket boots + parachute + disengage is even more win. if ever there were things you'd want to watch replays of in wow, people using rocket boots would be them.

Now THAT is a creative use of game mechanics.
I am the light that brings the dawn.
Something Wicked this way comes.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Postby Mithos » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:32 pm

I'm glad I have stuck by engineering...I still have my Force Reactive Disk, even. I am not a complete 'power player' in so much that I won't really power level a proffesion to get it's benefit (I was tempted in TBC and when JCing was extremely OP, but never again). That's probably the only aspect of my character in which I will not try to 100% optimise. Blacksmith/Engineer forever!

As Joana says...rocket boost, parachute cape (and to some extent grenades) allows you to pull off some crazy shit, just like disengage. Disengage is my favourite ability right now and I don't even have it; I have seen our hunters do some absolute classic disengages, usually involving jumping over fires and such as mentioned and it really is awesome to have an ability like that. A FIVE second sprint on a class with normally no such tools is priceless and is worth sacrificing any DPS enchant for (you also get 24 crit, remember, so it's not a huge loss anyway). One DPS DK and 1 or both of our ret palas are engineers, along with myself (with offspec ret) and it is invaluable.

I need to remember to craft me some saronite bombs.
Mithos

Postby Joanadark » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:14 am

Funny story.
Its entirely possible that we might have our entire guild power level engineering in order to beat heroic Anub'arak.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Mithos » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:40 am

Ouch :p. On the other hand, it is nice to see that he isn't just instantly taken down, even by the worlds best guilds. I've done the fight on normal twice (10/25) but we haven't really tried heroic anything yet; I know the permafrost amount is limited to 8 or something small and finite so obviously you need to get him to p3 asap, then kill him asap. I guess you need to pull some immense kiting which the speed boost helps with?
Mithos

Postby fafhrd » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:44 am

Joanadark wrote:Funny story.
Its entirely possible that we might have our entire guild power level engineering in order to beat heroic Anub'arak.

Don't you dare get my boots nerfed, bitch!

Also, last I checked, Switftness Potions (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=2459) and Drums of Speed (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=29530) both still work at 80 and would be much simpler.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Kelaan » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:49 pm

Drums work, but boots + drums + potion are three boosts that a single person could (in theory) use.
Kelaan

Postby fafhrd » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:30 pm

How long is the kite phase on 25 hard o.O No one seems to get chased that much on 10 hard.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Joanadark » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:57 pm

fafhrd wrote:How long is the kite phase on 25 hard o.O No one seems to get chased that much on 10 hard.

no comment.

The fight reminds me very much of yog 0 pre-nerf.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Aubade » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:21 pm

Joanadark wrote:
fafhrd wrote:How long is the kite phase on 25 hard o.O No one seems to get chased that much on 10 hard.

no comment.

The fight reminds me very much of yog 0 pre-nerf.

Aubad strats.
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

PreviousNext

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes