[Ret-PvE] Engineering is Epic Win

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Re: [Ret-PvE] Engineering is Epic Win

Postby majiben » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:14 pm

Engineering trinkets occupy the enchant slot, sockets additions do not. They stack.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:15 pm

glorfindell wrote:I use a similar macro for my Accelerators, but I haven't tinkered the frag belt on either my prot or ret set yet. Does the tinker stack with the blacksmithing belt buckle? If it does, and since the grenade is off the GCD, could I macro the frag belt to DS and HotR in a similar way?

The Frag Belt is off the GCD, but keep in mind it has a targeting circle and a cast time. The Saronite bombs are instant, but still have a targeting circle. Yes, all tinkers stack with the belt buckle.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Joanadark » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:21 pm

Rocket boots biggest appeal for me are something completely unrelated to maximizing DPS. Wow factor.
Tools like rocket boots let you pull off some amazing clutch moves in the direst of circumstances, stunts that a pro player can pull off that just make everyone around you go "wow". I've always wanted a big dramatic ability like that. To replicate stuff like Munken's legendary disengage over fire or the stuff you can pull off with Cat-o-step (LOLwut was that cat that just flewwwwwwwww through the air across the room???) or charge/intercept or sprint-kiting Immortal guardians on 0watcher.
One of my favorite sayings is that skill in this game is 90% movement. Movement tools are such an amazing asset that can't be given a value in DPS.

So for me, DPS completely aside, engineering is almost worth it for me purely for the potential of rocket bots to allow you to pull off crazy shit.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Baelor » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:33 pm

Grehn|Skipjack wrote:@Baelor, the Frag Belt and the Saronite bombs share a 1m cooldown.

All right then, sounds like I should change my belt tinker and just start making Boxes of Bombs, use the Saronite Bombs on cooldown. Saronite Bomb > Cobalt Frag Grenade. The Personal EMP isn't that great, but it's better than nothing I suppose!

JD - Shooting across the room and leaving a trail of fire behind you is wow'ing. Doooo eeeeeet.
I am the light that brings the dawn.
Something Wicked this way comes.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Postby Kraziness » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:21 am

Makes me a sad panda I dropped engineering a long time ago on my pally, currently a JC/miner. I thought about dropping mining for engineering again, but farming ores on my pally cuts my time in half over all my other toons. I might have to spend a month doing nothing but mining like crazy and then go back to engineering.
Kraziness

Postby Psykewne » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:26 pm

Kraziness wrote:Makes me a sad panda I dropped engineering a long time ago on my pally, currently a JC/miner. I thought about dropping mining for engineering again, but farming ores on my pally cuts my time in half over all my other toons. I might have to spend a month doing nothing but mining like crazy and then go back to engineering.

i went from blacksmith/mining to blacksmith/engineering, trust me it's worth it, it's soooooooooo worth it!.
Celestial Defender Psykewne, Death's Demise - Talnivarr EU
Psykewne

Postby Baelor » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:41 pm

Psykewne wrote:
Kraziness wrote:Makes me a sad panda I dropped engineering a long time ago on my pally, currently a JC/miner. I thought about dropping mining for engineering again, but farming ores on my pally cuts my time in half over all my other toons. I might have to spend a month doing nothing but mining like crazy and then go back to engineering.

i went from blacksmith/mining to blacksmith/engineering, trust me it's worth it, it's soooooooooo worth it!.

Sprint > profession-given stat boost

The parachute, repair/bank/mail robots, transporters, and other gadgets are just perks.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Postby Worldie » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:45 pm

Basically Baelor discovered hot water.

Don't worry Baelor, one day we'll be able to craft our own Mazinga Z, Jeeves was merely a setback...
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:08 pm

Worldie wrote:Basically Baelor discovered hot water.

Don't worry Baelor, one day we'll be able to craft our own Mazinga Z, Jeeves was merely a setback...

The real reason for the Cataclysm? Not Deathwing. An Engineer discovered Spiral Energy...
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Baelor » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:41 pm

Worldie wrote:Basically Baelor discovered hot water.

You can make that stuff HOT?

Hot damn!
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Postby Worldie » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:03 pm

Btw Baelor, you forgot the most important benefit of Engineering.

AH in Dalaran.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Kelaan » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:14 am

AH in Dalaran is nice. I love my wormhole and rocket gnome, though. :D
Kelaan

Postby Baelor » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:49 am

Huh. I did forget to mention the superiority-chipped mechano-AH-gnome. Add that to the list.

But back up Worldie, tell me more about this hot water thing of which you speak.

Also, throwing grenades when everything is on cooldown (or even while in the GCD) is supremely fun.
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Postby Corpsicle » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:05 am

Baelor wrote:Also, throwing grenades when everything is on cooldown (or even while in the GCD) is supremely fun.

I use my grenades all the time for add pick up and for an added boost to aoe damage as ret. Also, in pvp, nothing is better than an aoe stun bomb for wtf factor.

And from a tanking p.o.v. nothing has made me laugh harder recentlly than the first time I put a bunny down in Auriaya's path to pull her with out getting pounced. I suspect I could use a sheep as well. :)

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=56463
Corpsicle

Postby Kraziness » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:24 am

Does anyone get the feeling when Cataclysm comes out Engineering is going to get a big boost of new cool toys/tinkers. Adding goblins to game just may make engineering more profitable perhaps?
Dell can go F themsleves in the A
Kraziness

PreviousNext

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes