[Ret-PvE] Need help improving my dps

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

[Ret-PvE] Need help improving my dps

Postby adamb10 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:27 am

Armory link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Asidius
A WWS from ulduar 25: http://wowwebstats.com/ndj6n2v5gthuo?a=x68000000270d9d3 (outdated due to alot of gear I've gotten since then)
I use the HoW->CS->Judgement->DS->Concencrate->Exorcism->Holy Wrath rotation
I use SoV for bosses,

I can push around 2300 in a 5 man and 3K in 25 mans. I ran a simulator and I'm around 1K DPS below of where I should be even while Im not hit/expertise capped. I tried looking over my spec, glyphs, etc to see if I did something incredibly stupid but I havent found it yet.

Anyone know what I could possibly be doing wrong?

Thank you!
adamb10

Re: [Ret-PvE] Need help improving my dps

Postby Kelaan » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:27 pm

Buy the MIrror of truth. Chuchu's has to go.
Buy the EoValor ring.
Enchant your new helm. (I almost forgot, too.)
I assume you are attacking from behind, so you don't get parried.

Do you use any rotation help mods? I use SHIT (serious help in timing), though it's not perfect, and others prefer Watcher or Fortexorcist.

Sadly, I can't really read the WWS and tell you what's wrong, as I both suck at WWS-reading,and am a relative ret noob myself. ;) I found that making sure I was in range, and attacking, as much as possible (as well as blowing wings+trinkets as often as possible, unless it'd conflict with Heroism), to be helpful too.
Kelaan

Postby adamb10 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:39 pm

I've tried SHIT and found I found I didnt really need it. I know the rotation and nearly perfected it. The only time rotation becomes an issue is when everything is on CD and I use auto swings.

Looking at past runs I noticed most of my damage is melee attacks(i.e autoswings), and that seems wrong especially since we dont DW.
adamb10

Postby andx » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:42 pm

FIRST! Get hit capped, this is where you are loosing most of your dps
SECOND! Get the Mirror of Truth and replace chu chu
THIRD! Get your T7.5 pants for the set bonus
FOURTH! Get real bracers and ditch that mail shit
FIFTH! Get the Valor Ring
SIXTH! Practice.

Follow this and you will be around 4.5k in 25 mans. HIT CAP NEEDS TO BE HIT BEFORE WORRYING ABOUT OTHER STATS.
Maybe I just have a disease or an addiction to tanking, my gf says I'm a masochist I say I like it rough, either way I'm a tank and I can't escape it.
andx

Postby majiben » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:48 pm

I'm going to say your first course of action should be to get your hands on a DMC:G deck, huge dps boosting trinket. I worry that the mirror trinket could share an ICD with your banner trinket. If you can get confirmation that they don't share an ICD then the mirror will work nicely till DMC:G. Be sure to run TotC on heroic for the weapon and any other drops. The EoT libram is amazing for raid bosses, not so much heroics.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Threatco » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:52 pm

Timing mods help alot.
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby rodos » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:51 pm

adamb10 wrote:I can push around 2300 in a 5 man and 3K in 25 mans. I ran a simulator and I'm around 1K DPS below of where I should be even while Im not hit/expertise capped.

If you're using Rawr, check that the buffs you have checked match with what you actually have in your raid. The default configuration is for a well-stacked 25-man. Try unchecking everything except self-buffs and going to work on a target dummy then compare numbers. This will show you if there's any problems in your rotation. WHOA! WWS shows you with basically zero uptime on BoMight and/or Battle Shout. Do something about that.

You also seem to be getting a lot of parry (about 1%). I'd expect a few due to bosses where you generally stand in front (e.g. we usually stack in front of cat lady because of the scream), but this does seem a bit high. Watch your positioning.
rodos

Postby adamb10 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:17 pm

I did XT hard mode(or rather attempts) on 25 man today. I was pumping out 4600-5K DPS and generally in the top 10 for damage.
adamb10

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes