[DK] Leveling Tree and other ?s

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

[DK] Leveling Tree and other ?s

Postby semp » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:43 am

I have a little DK i rolled up for inscription, but recently have had the urge to level him 65->80 with the additional 10% XP piece. I did my leveling as blood and i always felt like i was button mashing. Putting up diseases, HS, DCs. I don't think I truely understand the DK play style, runes, etc. I read through about half the DK tanking thread already. Could someone please be so kind as to give a quick explanation of how DK runes work, what the correct rotation is for blood (that is best for leveling right?). Thanks.
semp

Re: [DK] Leveling Tree and other ?s

Postby Jedah » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:58 pm

what you were doing before is basically correct for DK blood leveling. I usually start a pull with a death coil, then IT as i close range, followed by PS, then spam some HS's or DS's as you see fit. It really doesn't get much more complicated for that for trash that dies in a few seconds.

the rotation for sustained DPS is basically: put diseases up, use death strike to get death runes, use HS as much as possible. There is an actual 20second long rotation that you'll use, but you can't sustain it correctly until you can afford 2 points in Epidemic (the unholy talent that increases disease duration, i think that's the right name).
Jedah

Postby Kelaan » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:21 pm

I suspect any tree is fine for leveling. Your best info is likely at http://www.deathknight.info/ 's forums.

I really REALLY enjoy frost DK-ness. Unholy was more pally-like in AOE-ability, and I've not tried blood.
Kelaan

Postby semp » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:53 am

Well I tried unholy for a few levels, 65-70. I do like the pet 100%, but I really missed the self healing of the blood line. So i have gone back blood. Seems I can also aoe better due to increased self healing.
semp

Postby Worldie » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:32 pm

The main advantage of Blood is that the self healing is extremely good and allows you to solo about all group quests in Outlands (even some 5 men) and most of the ones in Northrend.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Kelaan » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:39 pm

I haven't seen many group quests yet in the HF/BT zones that I couldn't solo as frost, even when listed as expecting 3. It would be much easier as blood, but ... /shrug. I'll have to try Blood sometime soon and see if I like it too.
Kelaan

Postby Earantur » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:10 pm

Try out all three trees, and see which one you enjoy the most. More enjoyable play time = longer play time = 'quicker' levelling.
Earantur

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes