[Ret] Seal of Command Change

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

[Ret] Seal of Command Change

Postby andx » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:37 am

So this will be better than SoR for trash in most cases.

Seal of Command: This ability now chains to strike up to 2 additional targets when it is triggered by an attack.

assuming it procs on DS that is 4+(4*2)=12 targets. pretty sweet.

My question is if there are four mobs and you use SoCmd and DS them will it proc the 2 additional attacks onto mobs already being hit with DS? if so for situations with quick fights with more than 1 target SoCmd is going to kick some serious ass.

I'm happy about this assuming my assumptions about the DS 12 targets is correct.
Maybe I just have a disease or an addiction to tanking, my gf says I'm a masochist I say I like it rough, either way I'm a tank and I can't escape it.
andx

Re: [Ret] Seal of Command Change

Postby Shoju » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:57 am

This would be awesome if it was meant to be our trash seal. Though, it would make The fear of Death by "perfect storm" a little more......... real.

I know with SoB, I had DS'd packs of raid trash (naxx, and Mimiron tunnel) and crit accross the board, pulling aggro and promptly dieing.

Imagine for a second that you have the perfect pack of 4 mobs.

You DS and Crit. In 10 mans with little synergy, I can EASILY get to 6k crits.

4 * 6K = 24K damage from DS

Let's guess low and say that my SoC's all crit (it can crit still yes?) for 2k. (I haven't used it so I don't know what it hits and crits for)

So the orignal 4 Seal hits = 8k
Each seal hit chains for 2 more seal hits 8 more at 2k = 16

24k + 8k + 16k = 48k damage.

That my friends, will pull aggro.
Shoju

Postby andx » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:48 am

Shoju wrote:
24k + 8k + 16k = 48k damage.

That my friends, will pull aggro.

Yes, yes that would. I still plan on doing it. My friend who lives with me is one of our healers. so if i die i'll just punch him or something.

But i think that the damage will get a nerf when they realize that pallies aoe dps will rival rogues... wait... balancing... oh ok i get it. Hmmm i wish we had a tricks of the trade.... our CD on our agro sink is too long... we wear plate.... hmmm ..... i think we'll be ok?

Verdict - with 4k unbuffed atp 32% crit i'm going to perfect storm a decent amount of the time and i will most likely die.... but for 50+k damage i'm ok with that. my repair bills will hate me :D

Andx
Maybe I just have a disease or an addiction to tanking, my gf says I'm a masochist I say I like it rough, either way I'm a tank and I can't escape it.
andx

Postby majiben » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:45 am

I laugh in the face of danger. Mwahahaha.

Man, I giggle every time I pull aggro and die as ret. I look forward to much stifled laughs.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby andx » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:58 am

Majiben wrote:I laugh in the face of danger. Mwahahaha.

Man, I giggle every time I pull aggro and die as ret. I look forward to much stifled laughs.

Same! So long as i can make our rogue go "What the hell" on trash now i will LOVE dying. good thing we have 4 engineers with repair bots on our runs :D
andx

Postby glorfindell » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:46 am

Lol I'm gonna make a new AoE macro for when I play ret:

/cast Seal of Command
/castsequence Divine Storm, Divine Shield

:P

It might just be me, but I like the idea of having to make a judgement call on every pull on which seal to use. How many mobs are there? How fast will they die? Are target swaps required? How often? To me it makes ret DPS feel a little less faceroll and a little more involved. An easy example might be the Priestess fight in H ToC: 1. use SoR or SoComm to burn down the Priestess in phase 1 2. switch to SoCorr for "bad memory" phase, use Hyperspeed Accelerators to build a 5 stack faster, wings when the stack is up, dps till add is down 3. switch back to SoR or SoComm to burn Priestess down.

Ret is my offspec so I'm obviously not great at it, but for me it feels more fun than 3.1, and 3.2.2 will help even more.
glorfindell

Postby Elsie » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:47 am

this could prove amusing in 3v3 and 5v5 where a divine storm could gib someone.
Elsie

Postby Candiru » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:54 am

How will the chaining procs work? EG 4 mobs

ABCD all hit by DS and one SoC proc.
each one than has 2 procs with a choice of 3 targets, this means you *could* get all of them chaining to both A and B (say)

A and B have now taken 4 SoC procs and a DS
C takes 1 SoC proc
D takes 3 SoC procs.

Resulting in you pulling agro on A and B, but not C and D (maybe).
Candiru

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:56 am

Elsie wrote:this could prove amusing in 3v3 and 5v5 where a divine storm could gib someone.

Which means they probably make it so DS can't proc it.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Candiru » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:58 am

Their fault for bunching up TBH :)

(or a druid's fault for using treats just as the ret hits DS... that would be lol)
Candiru

Postby Lore » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:58 am

I like this change.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Marwan » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:05 pm

According to Aenae over on EJ :

Aenae wrote:
From what i noticed in my early testings on the ptr in stockades:

Judgement of Command does not proc SoC
SoC hits up to 2 additional targets (which can crit) whenever you proc SoC
Divine Storm procs SoC which procs chains - i already saw 13 SoC procs on 1 chain
Divine storm procs can go back to your original target as well, with 4 mobs on me i could get 11 procs (one mob died in the process)

http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t68951-retribution_3_2_a/p16/#post1350352

This will probably be changed, for obvious reasons. But I like the direction the devs are looking towards.
Marwan

Postby Jedah » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:34 pm

Seeing how ret AoE DPS with glyphed SoR is pretty good in its current (live) form.... this change to SoC is going a little over the top. As others have said, I like the cleave idea, but it looks way too powerful in its current form. Expect it to get nerfed in some capacity sooner rather than later.
Jedah

Postby Joanadark » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:07 pm

Jedah wrote:Seeing how ret AoE DPS with glyphed SoR is pretty good in its current (live) form.... this change to SoC is going a little over the top. As others have said, I like the cleave idea, but it looks way too powerful in its current form. Expect it to get nerfed in some capacity sooner rather than later.

I disagree completely.
I like this change.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Fedaykin98 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:01 pm

Jedah wrote:Seeing how ret AoE DPS with glyphed SoR is pretty good in its current (live) form.... this change to SoC is going a little over the top. As others have said, I like the cleave idea, but it looks way too powerful in its current form. Expect it to get nerfed in some capacity sooner rather than later.

Why would anyone glyph SoR for PvE? We already have 4 good glyphs to choose from that will actually help us on boss fights (Judgement, Consecration, SoV, Exorcism). I don't glyph for trash, I glyph for bosses.
Fedaykin98

Next

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes