Remove Advertisements

Ret librams

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Ret librams

Postby Drae » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:55 pm

Just bought the new libram with my Triumph badges, after some target dummy testing I can confirm that it pretty much has a 100% uptime as long as SoV is ticking. So that's almost a permanent 200 strength for most fights (incoming nerf anyone? :P).

No doubt someone's already thought of this, but here's something I just figured out and is sure to be quite useful. You can use simple macros so that whenever you cast SoR (or SoComm if you swing that way) it equips the Furious/Deadly libram (for quick dying stuff, or most PvP), if you cast SoV it equips the new one.

Code: Select all
#showtooltip
/cast Seal of Righteousness
/equip Furious Gladiator's Libram of Fortitude

Code: Select all
#showtooltip
/cast Seal of Vengeance
/equip Libram of Valiance

These also work if you're already in combat, and will still only effectively use one GCD (equipping the libram starts the GCD again, but as long as you don't have terrible latency it does it instantly after the GCD from casting the seal starts, so you won't notice it). On any fight where you might be switching between these seals the benefit is obvious; I'm pretty much thinking specifically of Yogg-0 where I'm quite often switching seals (SoR for adds/tentacles, SoV for brain and last phase), and of course there's Thorim.

Also, the buff from the new libram stays up even when you equip another one - libram weaving anybody? (yes I know it's probably not worth the GCDs :P)
Drae

Re: Ret librams

Postby Fridmarr » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:02 pm

Bleh, are Rets seal twisting now?
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Re: Ret librams

Postby Drae » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:37 pm

No. On anything that you're hitting for at least 15 seconds (general figure which is probably wrong, so the optimal time might be more/less - the new libram will obviously make it less as well) SoV is always going to be the way to go. With my haste it takes around 17 seconds to get a 5-stack of SoV up. But in situations where stuff is dying fast or there's AoE, then SoR is likely the better choice, since it has more burst and you get the divine storm procs etc. Seal twisting implies that you're changing seals on a single target.

It raises an interesting question though, because if you're in an AoE situation with SoV and manage to get the new libram to proc, would that out outweigh the benefits of SoR? My thoughts is that in almost any AoE situation stuff just dies to fast to make using SoV and the new libram effective. However I heard rumor that SoV can proc off and take advantage of someone elses stacks - if this is the case and you have a prot pally tanking, it's most likely that SoV would have the advantage.

This is all just conjecture at the moment though, it needs numbers to back it up.
Drae

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes