Remove Advertisements

frost DK health

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

frost DK health

Postby Mightymatt » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:23 am

Hi guys. Friend of mine asked me about hit rating on dk(frost).Is it worth regeming for health over hit rating and how low can you go before it causes problems.I have no idea so any help whould be apreciated :).
Mightymatt

Re: frost DK health

Postby Worldie » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:35 am

Armory of your friend and what content he is tanking would be helpful.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Mightymatt » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:52 am

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Korrack this is his armory.We are 5/10 10 man Ulduar .
Mightymatt

Postby Worldie » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:32 am

He is WAY above the hitcap, while more hit is still a TPS increase for a DWing DK, there's no real point in gemming for hit with 375 hit rating.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Modal » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:18 am

My advice for your friend is to stop trying to DW and to stay at around 7% hit.

There are two reasons not to DW as a DK tank, even if you're frost.

First, ToT doesn't affect Rune Strike. So one of your friend's main threat moves is hitting significantly less hard as a DWer than they would with a 2hander.

Second, Rune of the Stoneskin Gargoyle only works on 2handers. That rune will do a lot to help your friend boost his EH. He can pretty easily and quickly pick up a Marrowstrike from heroic ToC, for a small loss in stamina on his weapons, but a net gain overall after re-runing. The gains will be even more significant because the defense from the new rune will allow him to replace his defense trinket with a stamina trinket for a gain over over 1000 hp. Marrowstrike also grants over 200 armor and some dodge from agility. Good starter DK tank weapon.

Stop DWing. That's the best way for your friend to improve his EH (he should also replace that orange gem in his chest piece with a 30 stamina one).
Modal

Postby Worldie » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:34 am

I believe the orange gem is to activate the meta :>

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby d503 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:42 am

Not to mention, he's also using a fast OH, which will inhibit the threat generated by Frost Strikes...ideally, DW would be going Slow/Slow, which is very difficult if you're trying to solidly use Tanking stat-oriented weapons.

Also, my DK on armory (before Frost Presence and with no buffs) almost has the same amount of health because I use a 2h, Stoneskin Gargoyle, and that allows me to use two (albeit shitty) Stam trinkets (dinged 80 all of 3 weeks ago, thanks for the gear Coliseum). He could get a Heart of Iron and Royal Seal of King Llane all up ins, and be in a way better situation.

My DK's armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... Experteyes
d503

Postby Modal » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:44 am

Worldie wrote:I believe the orange gem is to activate the meta :>

Should still be using Stam/something.
Modal

Postby d503 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:45 am

Modal wrote:
Worldie wrote:I believe the orange gem is to activate the meta :>

Should still be using Stam/something.

AGI/STAM GOOOO
d503

Postby Mightymatt » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:34 am

Thank you for the great replies. I will pass on the information tonight, I knew you guys whould be able to help :)
Mightymatt

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes