Remove Advertisements

[ret pvp] SoR or SoC?

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

[ret pvp] SoR or SoC?

Postby Arees » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:28 am

Which is better to use? I see a lot of other pallies in BGs using SoR. It seems that JoR hits harder than JoC, but SoC hit harder (and can crit) than SoR.

I don't pvp much, so I don't want to have to reglyph just for the occasional BG that I like to do. I am specced 5/5 SotP, so that should help SoR some, but I don't want to use the SoR glyph.

I just feel like I can't kill anyone at all anymore. I barely crit for 2k and everyone has 22k+ hp. It still irks me that a warlock can crit me for 8 - 9k. I can't touch locks at all... they kill me within a few GCDs. I've got about 750 resil I think. I've got most of the honor gear and whichever ones are purchasable with emblems of valor. I only started PvPing after 3.1 and I got a dual spec.
Arees

Re: [ret pvp] SoR or SoC?

Postby kanst » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:53 am

If you can stick on a target I still thing seal of vengeance is better
kanst

Postby Baelor » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:11 am

kanst wrote:If you can stick on a target I still thing seal of vengeance is better

Good luck sticking to the same target in PvP for more than 10 seconds. Well-played PvP involves quick burst and timely target switching. SoV limits the target switching and requires an uncontrolled and large amount of set-up time.
I am the light that brings the dawn.
Something Wicked this way comes.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Postby GothicPL » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:56 am

With 3.2 resilience changes, targets tend to last longer than before, so the ramp-up time can be OK sometimes, especially on targets that will not be CCed at any point. And once the full stack ret dots is up on the target, the damage can be quite hard to heal through for the opponent.

For situations when I need to switch frequently, I'm actually thinking of toying with Seal of Justice, SoR being the other viable option.
GothicPL

Postby Joanadark » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:50 pm

The only advantage of SoV in arena is that trying to Dispell a HoJ on a target with stoicism-protected 5 stack, a judgement, heart of the crusader, and vindication is neigh on impossible. Depending on who your partner is, dispell protection for their vital debuffs (conflag for a warlock for example) is a pretty neat synergy.

In most situations though, SoR is simply far superior, particularly in any sort of cleave comp.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes