[Frost DK] Dual Weilding

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Re: [Frost DK] Dual Weilding

Postby Shoju » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:28 am

I find it interesting that with all the talk of starting off at 80 no one mentioned the champion Seal maces.

You can start doing the argent tournament dailies at 77. I did this on my mage every day and was able to pick up the spellsword a day before I dinged 80. Granted, I didn't level him as fast as I could, but it was a nice easy epic to pick up.

Ironforge Smasher for Alliance
Grimhorn Crusher for Horde

If you are playing this as an alt, and not putting *a ton* of time into leveling, it is possible that you could even pick up a pair of these from the time you start and the time you hit 80, or just shortly after. At 25 champion Seals each, they are better than the Titansteel Bonecrusher (slower) and technically they are free. You will actually make money while working towards them.

I have a DK hidden off on a server for when I just need a break from leveling and I will be working on picking up a pair as soon as she hits 77. I figure with these, and blue quality quest reward gear, I should be able to at least start farming 80 heroics for better gear almost instantly.
Shoju

Postby Hokahey » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:23 pm

I was also surprised no one else noticed the 1h Mace for Crusader Seals. Thus far, my DW experience has been pretty positive. I actually had more trouble locating decent weapons in Outlands than I have in Northrend. He only just turned lvl 74 last night, but I've been breaking 1.3-1.5k DPS on some single target fights in instances (that's with no heirloom goodies either, just some quest greens/blues I picked up along the way, and a couple of regular instance drops). Key thing seems to be keeping Hit and Expertise high. Crit seems to be crap for the spec (my crit is at roughly 10.5% last I looked, and I'm not feeling any loss from it).

No, I haven't done any research on it, this is just a fun pet project for me. The character doesn't have any professions and doesn't even have regular flying yet. Character is Eldritck of the Misha US server. I'm thinking I need to put the Razorice weapon in the mainhand, but I need to look at the tooltip again. It may not really matter.
Hokahey

Postby Levantine » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:46 pm

Razorice is terrible while levelling. FC/FC
Levantine

Postby Hokahey » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:30 am

Levantine wrote:Razorice is terrible while levelling. FC/FC

"FC/FC is better while leveling" would be a more accurate statement. Even then, only marginally, since we both know that much of FC's up time will be wasted out of combat while moving between mobs/quests, while Razorice will rarely get above 2 stacked debuffs before the mob dies (against nonelites and some instance trash, anyhow. Bosses will usually end up with the full 10, just as FC will likely have its full duration used in the fight). Razorice is still effective, and is actually just fine, in my experience.

Individual mileage may vary, but its far from "terrible", and the advantage gained by FC/FC would hardly be considered overwhelming in comparison. It really is "just leveling", after all.
Hokahey

Postby Levantine » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:27 pm

FC/FC is competitive on extended boss fights as well, and trumps FC/RI on any fight where you're likely to lose the stack or it's a short fight.
Levantine

Previous

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes